Wikipedia Education Program Metrics and Activities Meeting
The Wikipedia Education Program Metrics and Activities Meeting is a monthly gathering of people interested in the global Wikimedia outreach activities at educational institutions. First and foremost the meeting aims at sharing our experiences in the field of university outreach. We want to ensure that best practices and lessons learned get shared across different cultures.
- June 2012
- Please see this note on the talk page and offer your suggestions for how to improve the meeting! Once we determine the best way to approach these meetings, we'll determine the next scheduled date.
- /October 2011
- The first meeting introduced the Global Education Program Metrics and Activities Meeting, its goals and its structure. Representatives from the U.S., Canada, and India shared information about the current status of the programs in their countries with the group. We also looked at the numbers for the month of September 2011.
- /November 2011
- The second meeting discussed learning points from programs in Egypt, India, the United States, and Canada.
- /December 2011
- The third meeting included updates from the U.S., Canada, India, Egypt, and Germany, and a discussion of how to fix some of the issues we had this term.
- /January 2012
- The fourth meeting featured updates from the U.S., Canada, Egypt, Brazil, India, and Israel.
- /February 2012
- Representatives from the U.S., Canada, Egypt, Brazil, and India gave updates; we had a general Q&A.
- /March 2012
- In the March meeting, representatives from Egypt, Brazil, the U.S., Canada, and Macedonia gave updates. Ayush Khanna presented initial data on editors from the U.S. and Canada in fall 2011, and Frank Schulenburg proposed a Wikipedia Education Cooperative.
- /April 2012
- Representatives from programs in the U.S., Canada, Egypt, Brazil, India, and the Netherlands provided updates. Ayush Khanna described results from a student survey taken during fall 2011, and Jami Mathewson and Frank Schulenburg answered questions on the new Working Group for the U.S. and Canada.
- May 2012
- There was no meeting this month.
Interested in attending?
Join our talk page distribution list! We send two notifications each month via the Global Message Delivery system:
- A message mid-month that asks interested parties to fill out availability for several times
- A message with the confirmed date and time
Interested? Add yourself to the message delivery list!