MENA Wikipedia Education Program meeting, Reham Bahy
(Redirected from MENA Global Education Program meeting, Reham Bahy)Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Dr. Riham Bahi
Assistant Professor of Political Science and International Relations
- Background on Classes Taught
- Foreign Policy (upper level: 350-400 students)
- Intro to IR (200 Students)
- 4th year Contemporary IR Issues
- 350 students taught in Arabic. 2 paper assignments per semester: mid year and end of the semester. This is a spring class.
- Culture in World Politics in Arabic (3rd and 4th year students, 200-300 students)
- I have a copy of her syllabus (hard copy)
- Email Riham for contacts with Nadine, Hala Said
- Send her the soft copy of the Intro to Wikipedia and other documents
- As far as next interactions, give the Dean a general presentation before proceeding with the program. We need him on board board before building out a WP program. Some people like the idea and others will not, but we should follow up with the Dean.
- WMF must locate potential WP because she is interested in having a lab taught by Ambassadors to train students on WP.
- Pitch to the whole school for TEDX for Faculty
- Nadine and Hala Said would help with this initiative
- Dr. Heba Raouf: teaches a class called "Science and Technology". This would be a good fit for a WP class
- Mustafa Kamal Said: Partners in Development--he has an NGO
- Dr. Hazem Hosny: Gender in Politics
- Dr. Harriah
- Bring students to a point of understanding
- Train the students with the technical aspects of WP
- She wants a workshop facilitated by the Dean and WP
- Go to the higher levels and provide workshops
- Sent her information; she is a very interested professor
- "I see this as a benefit for WP and the skills of Egyptian students"
- We know her through Adel's friend Zeinab
- Example of how Riham used WP: she used it to find information about the military (Egyptian). Her main concern with Wikipedia was whether or not Wikipedia is a reliable source. She is a coordinator for AMIDEAST
- For students: "Posting to WP is the first step to getting published."