Talk:Wikipedia as a Teaching Tool/Resources for Teaching with Wikipedia
Jump to navigation Jump to search
From my perspective, here's additional topics I'd like to see covered -- I'm open to suggestions as to why these would be a bad idea to cover in the brochure, however.
- Differences between assignments to expand existing article vs. create new article; ensuring notability for new articles.
- Did You Know? -- a powerful motivator/reward for students
- Peer review -- pros/cons of assigning students to review each others' work; do it on talk pages
- Creating a course page, either on SUP or a WikiProject
- More that I may think of later. :)
- A lot of this is very detailed - such as notability. How do we feel about going into this level of detail? Thoughts? I'm still thinking of this brochure as helping professors to write an assignment, not to teach them everything they need to know about Wikipedia. We can't do both at the same time, unfortunately. Awadewit 07:01, 20 December 2010 (UTC)