Jump to navigation Jump to search
Several projects with students, high school students, PhD students, teachers and researchers in charge of courses are running in France. Two aims for these actions :
- The specific modus operandi of Wikipedia is its main strength for educational approach in media education. Nature of the sources, cross-checking of these sources, synthesis and critical thinking etc. Wikipedia is an ideal tool for addressing innovative concepts essential to research, consultation and information processing on the Internet. It is therefore important to bring the professionals of education to a better understanding of this encyclopedic project and its appropriation for its use in the classroom. It is for these reasons that Wikimédia France is counselling the professionals of education in using Wikipedia's contents and enriching them.
- Improve Wikimedia contents by educational projects : teachers and researchers in charge of courses train their students and high school students to create new quality contents.
- Several trainings for teachers, students and researchers in charge of courses : actions presentation and training around Wikimedia projects, especially Wikipedia in order to learn how to use Wikipdia in the classroom.
- Launching and monitoring of Wikiconcours since 2012 : around 300 to 900 students each year involved.
- Translation of the booklets Case studies, see : File:Brochure Wikipédia enseignants-chercheurs "Utiliser Wikipédia avec vos étudiants - Études de cas".pdf
- Dissemination of the booklet Wikipedia in the classroom, see : File:Livret Wikipédia en classe - Wikimédia France.pdf
- Several conferences for high school students and teachers
- Pedagogical projects run by teachers in France
- Participation at an exhibition for teachers
- Specific trainings with PhD students and researchers in charge of courses in order to improve the available knowledge on their field of expertise since 2010 Valoriser ses connaissances avec Wikipédia
- Sustain of educational projects with teachers : conseling, trainings.
- reports linked to educational projects :