- Dr. Alberto Ramírez Martinell, researcher and teacher at Instituto de Investigaciones en Educación, Universidad Veracruzana.
- Wikimedia Mexico chapter
Universidad Veracruzana (UV) is one of the most prominent universities in the southeast region of Mexico.
In 2012 Silvia Gutiérrez de la Torre, head of Biblioteca Digital de Humanidades (Digital Humanities Library) began contact and work with Wikimedia Mexico chapter to found a Wikipedia Student Club and a Wikipedia Education Program at the UV. In 2013 she began negotiations for the creation of a DIY Scanner, and had the support of the authorities and enthusiast professors of the Engineering Faculty but moved to Würzburg, Germany, to course a Digital Humanities master. The DIY Scanner project keeps as pendant now under the lead of the division of the Institutional Repository.
In 2015 Dr. Alberto Ramírez Martinell, contacted Wikimedia Mexico due to the UV interest in deploy the WEP. In March 9, 2015, Wikimedia Mexico signed a Letter of Intention with their authorities to adopt the WEP, aiming to increase the initiative. From March to July, UV and WMMX will work on planning and training to the interested teachers from begin the work in the 2015 second semester.
2013 Workshop at USBI
2015 talk and workshop at USBI
Wikimania 2015 Mexico City Conference
Programs and Projects
Wikipedia Education Program
Stage 1: List of institutional actions
- February, 2013. Miguel Casillas head of the Academic Area of Humanities at the Universidad Veracruzana, by means of the Digital Humanities Library manager –Silvia Gutiérrez de la Torre– approached Iván Martínez and Carmen Alcázar who went to the USBI (Unit of Information and Library Services) in Xalapa to train a group of teachers, researchers and students in Wikipedia Editing.
- February 2013. Alberto Ramírez Martinell, produced a video interview about the reliability of Wikipedia (¿Se puede confiar en los contenidos de Wikipedia? ) and uploaded it to youtube.
- In 2013 Silvia Gutiérrez de la Torre, head of Biblioteca Digital de Humanidades (Digital Humanities Library) led the project of the DIY Scanner.
- February 15, 2015. Alberto Ramírez contacted User:ProtoplasmaKid and User:Wotancito to resume the contact stablished 2 years back. And it resulted in second visit of the Mexican Chapter Team to Xalapa and the organization of a Wikipedia Day on March 9, 2015
- March 9, 2015. User:Wotancito gave an introductory course to 60 students, teachers and administrators and User:ProtoplasmaKid gave a conference about the Wikipedia Education Programme. As a consequence of this visit, Wikipedia Mexico and Universidad Veracruzana signed a Letter of Intention/Carta de intención . This is the |list of people from the University who showed interest in participating in the programme.
- July 14-19. Dr.Alberto Ramírez Martinell and Dr. Jesús Lau attended Wikimedia 2015 Pre Conference and Conference in Mexico city