This is a Nigeria education program which works with schools in the development and improvement of encyclopedic entries on Wikipedia. Members of our team are Wikipedians and we have been collaborating with tertiary institutions across the six geopolitical zones of Nigeria.
- Teach students to contribute high quality encyclopedic articles to wikipedia
- Enrich both Wikipedia and school hours
- Introduce hundreds or thousands of Nigerian youths and academics to Wikipedia
- Find new Wikipedians to enrich the group of current editors of Wikipedia.
- Ambassadors will facilitate communication between Wikipedia and any educational institution and build cooperation between them.
- Teachers develop (together with Wikipedians) list of articles from which each student selects one such article and the available resources to it.
- Teachers will generally see the Wikipedia article as an equivalent to a term paper and articles should therefore become a condition for granting credit to the students.