Education/EduWiki Campaign/Lesson Plans/Citations
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Lesson Plan: Citations on Wikipedia
Estimated time length
Students will gain, reinforce, understand, or learn:
- The importance of citations in expository writing
- Basic research skills (how to find credible sources)
- The knowledge of how a large online community works
- How to collaborate with others worldwide in an online community
- Show students an article that is missing a citation and explain why it is important to have citations. (Make sure to explain that Wikipedia can be a credible source if it has citations).
- Do a brief lecture informing students of what credible or non-credible sources look like, using this link.
- Use CitationHunt to search for articles that need citations.
- Add citation to article.