Education/News/February 2020/Open Education Week - events with Wikimedia Poland
Nice flood of events for Open Education Week in Poland!
Author: Klara Sielicka-Baryłka (WMPL)
Summary: Founded in 2013 by the Open Education Global (previously Open Education Consortium), the goal of Open Education Week is to raise awareness and showcase impact of open education on teaching and learning worldwide. For the 2020, Wikimedia Poland, organizes or support several events in whole country.
Open Education Week has become one of the most foremost global events recognizing high achievement and excellence in open education. The week-long event spotlights amazing work from over a dozen categories including live, face-to-face events, webinars, projects, and resources. Wikimedia Poland`s events and meetings won`t be only in the first week of March, but also at the end of the month - because... openness does not have boundaries in time&space! ;) List of events:
- 2nd of March 2020 - Lecture about Wikipedia and wiki-workshop (first steps), Q&A about open licenses, Creative Commons at the University of Bialystok (for academic workers)
- 2nd of March 2020 - Wikipedia and its sister projects, Creative Commons licenses as a tools for academic work and promotion of its results: Lecture about Wikipedia, editing workshop (first steps) and lecture/Q&A about open licenses, Creative Commons, etc. at the Faculty of History at the University of Warsaw (for academic workers)
- 4th of March 2020 - Wiki(m)pedia and its projects. Wikipedia tools and inspirations for the bibliographer-editor.Lecture about Wikipedia, editing workshop (first steps), Q&A about open licenses, Creative Commons- at the Digital Library of Małopolska region, Cracow (for librarians)
- 19th of March 2020 - Let's do the biggest social project in the world together! Short presentation about Wikipedia and its projects + wiki workshop (first steps) at the Polish school in Český Těšín(close to the border with Poland) (for students 13-15 y.o.)
- 20th of March 2020 - Wikipedia and us. How the world's largest encyclopedia is being created? Lecture about Wikipedia, editing workshop (first steps), Q&A about open licenses, Creative Commons; at the Community Center for Culture and Recreation in Cieszyn (Polish part of a town) (for seniors)