Scribus Desktop Publishing Operator
Volunteer Assignment Description
- Length of commitment
May 2010 to September 2010
- Translate a given layout for the bookshelf's print publications into Scribus documents
- Prior demonstrated experience of working with Scribus
- Passion for doing high-quality work
- Ability to work effectively with a team of graphic designers, illustrators, and writers
- Fluency both written and oral in English
- Help creating resources that will be useful to Wikimedians around the world
- Be part of a complex and challenging project
- You will be eligible for an official letter of endorsement by the Wikimedia Foundation
- Physical location
You'll work remotely.
Applicants should be able and willing to join team meetings via Skype or phone conference call from time to time. These team meetings will take place during the working hours in San Francisco, United States (Pacific Standard/Daylight Time).
Provided funding, the Wikimedia Foundation will cover the costs for a short trip to our headquarter in San Francisco in order to enable you to participate at the bookshelf team kick-off meeting.
- How to apply
Please send a cover letter and some details about yourself as to why the foundation would benefit from your skills in this position by email to mkahn AT wikimedia DOT org. Candidates will be required to identify with the Foundation, if not already identified.