Stylistic Quality Advisor
Volunteer Assignment Description
The Bookshelf project materials will be translated for use throughout the Wikipedia global community and need to retain stylistic integrity and have consistent quality within a specific language.
- Help create resources that will be useful to Wikimedians around the world
- Be part of a complex and challenging project
- Be eligible for an official letter of endorsement by the Wikimedia Foundation
Review the finalized translation for stylistic integrity and appropriate aesthetic, ensuring that all written and audio components are in line with our editorial guidelines. The total amount of written materials will be 25–30 pages, audio approximately 15–20 minutes total.
- From the perspective of your Wikipedia's language version, possess a deep knowledge about, and experience with, Wikipedia regarding culture, community, customs, and editing/writing guidelines
- Fluent, grammatical writer in your language; ability to follow provided editorial style guidelines
- Able to imagine yourself a newbie again
- Length of commitment
- Q 2–4, 2010
- Physical location
You'll work remotely.
Applicants should be able and willing to join team meetings via Skype or phone conference call from time to time. These team meetings will take place during the working hours in San Francisco, United States (Pacific Standard/Daylight Time).
- How to apply
Please send a cover letter and some details about yourself as to why the Foundation would benefit from your skills in this position by email to mkahn AT wikimedia DOT org. Candidates will be required to identify with the Foundation, if not already identified.