Jump to navigation Jump to search
| This talk page or section is in the middle of an expansion or major restructuring. You are welcome to assist in its construction by editing it as well. If this article has not been edited in several days, please remove this template.
- w:Wikipedia:Training - English Wikipedia versions, available for instructors, students, and Ambassadors
- m:Meta:Training - Meta versions, which were reworked slightly to be more adaptable for other language Wikipedias, with instructions for porting the trainings from Meta to another language wiki.
- Wikimedia:Starting an education program - step-by-step instructions for planning a new education program
"For educators" portal
- Education/For educators - An overview of reasons to do Wikipedia writing assignments and the resources for educators that are available
- Education/Reasons to use Wikipedia - list of benefits for students, possible learning outcomes, and commons challenges for Wikipedia assignments
- Education/Assignment Design - short descriptions of and links to three education brochures (Instructor Basics, Case Studies, and The Syllabus) and another description and link for the "for educators" training on English Wikipedia. For more in-depth material about assignment design options, see Educators_Orientation_Resources/Classroom#Wikipedia_Assignments_Types
- Education/The Syllabus - the wiki version of the example syllabus, last updated to match the November 2012 print edition, along with a list of selected syllabi from previous courses (primarily from the Public Policy Initiative)
- Education/Materials for Teaching - a collection of things that can be used in courses: inspirational videos, tools for generating excitement (like live streams of edits, and page view stats), some of the instructional handouts that are referenced in the syllabus, and some supplementary screencasts that aren't used in the trainings.
- Education/Case Studies - the wiki version of the Case Studies, with a link for people to create new case studies using the same template.
Resource collections on Commons
- commons:Template:Wikimedia print brochures - The three general outreach brochures (Editing Wikipedia, Illustrating Wikipedia, Evaluating Wikipedia), with links to source files, etc.
- commons:Template:Wikipedia Education Program brochures - The four education program brochures (Instructor Basics, The Syllabus, Case Studies, The Essentials), with links to source files, etc.
- commons:Category:Wikipedia Education Program handouts in English - update to date as of March 2014, all of and only the current brochures and the in-class handouts recommended in The Syllabus.
Resources for the EducationProgram (course pages) extension
- mw:Wikipedia Education Program - the current hub for development, including the agenda for improving the legacy software. See also mw:Editor campaigns for the broader suite of tools that will eventually replace it.
- mw:Extension:Education Program - documentation for the extension, including instructions for getting it enabled on a new wiki.
- w:Wikipedia:Course pages - documentation for how course pages are done on English Wikipedia (through a mix of the extension itself and some templates that add additional functionality)