Hi! We on the Education Team noticed that our list of countries and programs needs updating. Will you help us by updating the information available on your country page? If you need some ideas about what to include, let us know. Some great information to add or update includes: institutions, numbers (courses, students, educators), key contacts and any links to other documentation on wiki (in any language -- English summaries are helpful but not required).
If you have any ongoing programs we would love to hear more about them! You can always get in touch with your regional focal point on wiki or by email. Here is our contact information:
Tighe Flanagan (Africa and the Middle East) tflanagan wikimedia.org
Vahid Masrour (South America and Europe) vmasrour wikimedia.org
Nichole Saad (Asia and the Pacific) nsaad wikimedia.org
Restructuring page contents
Queridos Wikipedistas Mexicanos,
I have restructured the contents of this page.
As you well know, there is *much* educational outreach going on in Mexico! Many schools are doing many things, and that is wonderful.
However, that means that 1 simple page will not suffice. Several subpages needed to be created, and I have made 1 subpage for each school that I know about now. If there are others, please feel free to create them. And, please help me to expand them!
I think it is best to limit the main page to a 1-2 sentence summary of each school's activities and histories, and link to their subpages.
On the subpages, I recommend that you include at least the following information:
- a primary contact person, at that school because it doesn't make sense for every page to list Ivan ;)
- a linked username. (A userpage on Spanish Wikipedia is fine, but interwikilinking is bad on Outreach. So, if you do use Spanish pages, best to do external linking.)
- a description of the program:
- which faculty/department?
- what kinds of activities are the students/teachers doing?
- when did they start? when did they stop (if they are inactive)?
- how many classes?
- how many students?
- any documentation that already exists: Course pages in the extension. Project pages on the campus's website. Local news media coverage. Blogs.
That way, my team can champion you here at the Foundation! And other teams (for example, Fundraising and Communications) can champion you here in the wider world!
We continue to be so proud of your efforts, and we are here to support you however we can. <3