|This is a Wikimedia Outreach user page.|
If you find this page on any site other than Wikimedia Outreach, you are viewing a mirror site. Be aware that the page may be outdated, and that the user this page belongs to may have no personal affiliation with any site other than Wikimedia Outreach itself. The original page is located at http://outreach.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:JarrahTree/old_material.
|Babel user information|
|Users by language|
JarrahTree has been active on wikimedia projects for some years, wp:en and commons being the higher edit areas.
Editing areas on wp;en have been across a wide range of subjects, and topics. For the first 4 years as editor he was within reach of being in the top 200 editors by edit, but is dropping down closer to the top 300 in the last 5 years. This is by never using a bot or automated process.
In the Indonesian and Australian project areas on wp:en he has created a lot of content.
One of the group of founders of the WikiProject Death.
In the Australian project an extensive contributor of content and photos in the Tasmanian and Western Australian projects.
Instigatore of the Australian Maritime History project.
Project tagging (category and article) for the Scottish project, London Project as well those already mentioned.
Attended the Wikimania Hong Kong event in 2013, and developed ideas first expressed at the 'Idea Lab' there, and has gone on to develop a group of projects.
- Western Australian Wheatbelt Railways
- Western Australian Wheatbelt Project
- Evaluation of Community Engagement strategies in rural areas
Attended the Wikimania London event in 2014, and subsequently has become Secretary of Wikimedia Australia, and Coordinator of the Western Australian Branch of Wikimedia Australia
Has contributed to the Freopedia project, the Toodyay project - and conducted preliminary discussions with other locations for possible similar projects.
|Languages and skills:|
- Indonesian and Malaysian - basic level - has lived in Indonesia conducting post-graduate research
- Project Management - has been supervisor in work environments, but prefers to think of as level 2
- Teaching - has lectured at community college level, and tutored at university level
- Media - has been temporary editor of community newspaper in a remote Australian mining community
- Press - has been spokesperson for a number of organizations, spoken on local ABC about wikipedia