My name is Denise Smith. I am an academic health sciences librarian at McMaster University in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada and I research Wikipedia and consumer health information behaviour. I am instructor in McMaster's Bachelor of Health Sciences (BHSc) program and in Western University's Library and Information Science (MLIS) program.
Research interests and academics
- I research Wikipedia as a health information resource and health information behaviour
- I am (slowly) working towards becoming a more active editor on Wikipedia and Wikidata making any contributions of value that fall within my skill set or expertise
- Feel free to ask me about my research interests or for comment on qualitiative research methods, systematic reviews, health librarianship and information/digital literacy
- Situating Wikipedia as a health information resource in various contexts: a scoping review 
- Does the packaging of health information affect the assessment of its reliability? A randomized controlled trial protocol
- Wikipedia and consumer health
- Wikipedia: An unexplored resource for understanding consumer health information behaviour in library and information science scholarship (submitted March 2021, under review)
- Smith, Denise A. (2020). "Situating Wikipedia as a health information resource in various contexts: A scoping review". PloS One 15 (2): e0228786. ISSN 1932-6203. doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0228786.