Jump to navigation Jump to search
I'm Pete Forsyth. I've been active with Wikipedia since 2006, and have done various kinds of outreach for most of that time.
I helped launch this wiki as the Public Outreach Officer for the Wikimedia Foundation. Current work here is done either in a volunteer capacity, or in support of consulting work relating to Wikimedia projects (through my business, Wiki Strategies). I strive for appropriate transparency when paid work is involved.
For more about my work and my background, see English Wikipedia user profile or my professional profile.
|Babel user information|
|Users by language|
Also see my profile page on the Meta Wiki.
- Bookshelf: I worked on several of the initial documents for this project, and still try to contribute. I'd like to contribute to making the main page more useful/easier to navigate. It's also accessible at http://bookshelf.wikimedia.org
- Introduction to free licenses (Bookshelf): I think this is one of the most important pieces. I've done a lot of work on it, but have feedback to incorporate.
- Wikipedia for Journalists (Bookshelf): I've worked on this, and have worked with a number of journalists to help them understand Wikipedia; but this guide still needs work.
- Life of an Article: I'd like to get more Wikipedians to tell interesting stories about article development here -- in a variety of formats!
- Evolution of an article (Celilo Falls): My main contribution, could still use some improvement. Some day I'd like to make it into a screencast.
- meta:User:Peteforsyth/Customer service/Proposed new Commons deletion wizard Improving the process for requesting that a file be deleted from Commons.
Or, more or less complete, anyway…
- Wikipedia in Higher Education Summit: I presented at this conference in summer 2011. I've tried to make the page a good reflection on the event, and resource for people exploring its outputs.
- Editing Sport Biographies on Wikipedia: This was originally produced by Laura Hale; I've adapted it for Bookshelf.
- Editing workshops: Worth keeping an eye on!
- GLAM/Case studies: Some great stuff in here.
- Wikipedia Ambassador Program
- LiveHelp: I'd love to see this go somewhere. See also meta:User:Peteforsyth/Customer service
- wikiversity:Wikiversity:School and university projects
- MoodBar links: raw responses, visualization
- Wikipedia visual identity guidelines
- Wikimedia UK's trainer guide