WikiArS/assignments/Portraits of Spanish-Language Writers (a)
This is an assignment created by that gives orientation and references to create an image or file that is necessary for Wikipedia or for some Free Knowledge project.
Assignment: Portraits of Spanish-Language Writers (a)
Draw portraits of the writers:
- Francisco Umbral (1932-2007). Doc: Umbral in the RTVE archive Umbral in the RTVE archive (2)
- Jaime Gil de Biedma (1929-1990). Doc: Gil de Biedma in the RTVE archive
- Miguel Delibes (1920-2010). Doc: Delibes in the RTVE archive
- Antonio Buero Vallejo (1916-2000). Doc: Buero Vallejo in the RTVE archive
- Juan Carlos Onetti (1909-1994). Doc: Onetti in the RTVE archive
- Roberto Bolaño (1953-2003). Doc: Bolaño in the RTVE archive
- Max Aub Mohrenwitz (1903-1972).
- Gonzalo Torrente Ballester (1910-1999). Doc: Torrente Ballester in the RTVE archive
Choose between five and seven writers to draw.
After an initial documentation stage, you will decide, together with your school tutor and the Amical tutor, what portraits to draw and how to present them.
If the available documentation allows it, you should depict the writers as they looked at the time they were best known to the public.
No derivative works
When you create a portrait, you may run the risk of your work being considered derivative of a copyrighted photo. It is important to avoid this. The portrait must NOT be based on a single, specific image. You must draw on several different images—preferably audiovisual recordings—in order to truly make the subject's features your own and create something new and different. If you cannot find more than one image of a particular writer, you should make a portrait of a different author instead.
Sources and references
Possible documentation sources:
- Media image archives (digital or physical), television archives, newspaper libraries, almanacs. Click here for a list: http://www.viquimedia.cat/viqui/WikiArS#tab=Recursos#On_documentar-se
- Images of some of the writers can be found in the RTVE audiovisual archive (see the links in the "briefing" section of this assignment): http://www.rtve.es/archivo/escritores-en-el-archivo
Follow the next link to see some portraits that have already been used on Wikipedia: http://www.viquimedia.cat/viqui/WikiArS/Ref/Retrat
If you create the illustration on paper:
- Recommended minimum size: DIN A4 (vertical). Photographs of illustrations must be studio photographs. Scans of illustrations must be high-quality, sharp and high-resolution.
- Digitized PNG files must not be compressed.
If you create the illustration as a bitmap:
- Approximate minimum size of the file to be published: 1270 x 1800 pixels (more than 2 Mpx). Approximate recommended size: 1764 x 2500 (more than 4 Mpx). More is better.
- Maximum file size: 100 MB.
If you create a vector graphic (preferable), use the standard SVG format.
Image viewing guidelines:
- Approximate image display dimensions on description page: 500 x 718 pixels.
- Approximate image display dimensions in a Wikipedia article: 348 x 500 pixels.
Keep in mind the approximate display dimensions to ensure that the illustration has an appropriate level of detail for its publication context.
Experts or knowers of this knowledge area that are available to guide the graphic creator, oversees the process of creation and supervise the image before to publish.
Experts, please signup here!