- History & Geography
- Start year: 2011 (data presented here are from march 2014)
- Countries (list all): France
- Cities (list all. and please link to local WP articles.): Can't list them all
- Wikimedia projects (list all): Wikipédia, Wikimédia Commons
- Languages (list all): French, English
- Funding (yes/no? please explain): Fund from annual grant
- Outreach events (workshops, conferences, etc.) (yes/no? and total #): Yes
- Wikicontest with more than 900 highschool students (from France and french highschools in the world). 3rd edition this year.
- fairs dedicated to the education 2.0 (2 from now since july)
- Courses (yes/no? and total #): Yes (5 planned for 2015/2016 for PhD students and Master degrees)
- WikiCamps (yes/no? and total #):
- WikiClubs (yes/no? and total #): No
- WikiExpeditions (yes/no? and total #): No
- Teacher training (yes/no? and approximate # of teachers trained): Yes (5 since july for around 100 teachers and education trainers).
- Government partnerships (yes/no?): Yes (French Ministry of Education and a subdivision)
- OER (yes/no?): Yes (Online toolkit)
- MOOCs (yes/no?): Yes (WikiMOOC)
- Universities (list all. list associated faculties/departments. and please link to local WP articles.):
- ISC : https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Institut_sup%C3%A9rieur_du_commerce_de_Paris
- Paris Sorbonne : https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Universit%C3%A9_Paris-Sorbonne
- Lille : https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Universit%C3%A9_de_Lille
- Rennes 1 : https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Universit%C3%A9_de_Rennes_I
- Pierre et Marie Curie : https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Universit%C3%A9_Pierre-et-Marie-Curie
- Ecole des Chartes : https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/%C3%89cole_nationale_des_chartes
- Secondary schools (list all):
More than 70 highschools
- Primary schools (list all):
Ecole Elementaire d'Arcomps
- Adult schools (list all):
- Senior programs (list all):
- Students (total #): 1750 (French WP doesn't have the extension so hard do tell).
- Educators (total #): Around 300
- Education program volunteers (total #): /
- Education program volunteers who are Admins/Sysops/Stewards (total #): /
- Local education program manager (total #): 1
- (for the Wikicontest 2014 only)
- Articles created (yes/no? and total #): 50
- Articles improved (yes/no? and total #): 200
- Articles translated (yes/no? and total #): /
- Files uploaded (yes/no? and total #): /
- Bytes added (total #): 1.414.242
- Bytes deleted (total #): 134.467
- Featured articles (total #): /
- Good articles (total #): /
- Links to Outreach wiki pages/subpages
- Links to local wiki pages/subpages
- Links to Commons categories
- Links to Meta wiki program reports (APG, PEG, IEG)
- Links to Wikimedia coverage (WMF blog posts, local wiki blog posts, newsletter articles)
- Links to other media coverage (local, national, regional, international news links)
Please tell us something special about your education program that the data may not reveal. For example: We try to concentrate on three kind of actions :
- Train the trainers
- Train the PhD students
In France, research schools are very closed so it's not easy to put a project in place. We have several partneships we try to consolidate, the goal is to train PhD students and have an edition period (few months) which is evaluate at the end.
We also have an agreement of the french ministry of education which is like a "free pass" in the highschools. That's why this year the Wikicontest for highschools students gather more than 800 students.
In the next months / years we hope the WikiMOOC will be a success with thousands of learners. We would like the teachers and the education community be curious about Wikipédia and projects Wikimedia and try to adapt the several goals and objectives to a pedagogical project for students. That's why we plan to include tlaks into seminaries of research dedicated to how digital change the education.
The best thing would be a conference with some teachers identified like "pro Wikipédia" with curious teachers from France but education system in France is very siloaed by departements so we need to do some actions first. These actions are training the trainers into a training program by department (named Academic Training Program). It's the only institutional way we can do to reach teachers and train them.