Education/EduWiki Outreach Collaborators
EduWiki Outreach Collaborators or EWOC are a dynamic group of Wikimedians working along with the education team at the Wikimedia Foundation. Together we will support education leaders and other stakeholders in our movement with better networking and communication practices for growth.
The project aims to collaborate with the emerging leaders from the Wikimedia education community to use their expertise in communications and Outreach wiki work, while providing them professional experience from the expertise of the education team. The group will be a shared-learning group with a diverse number of participants from different regions of the world, to learn from each other's experiences, challenges and on how to support each other in our work. Commitment towards EWOC is on a volunteer basis, you can use this as an opportunity to work with other Wikimedians to gain experience and learn different skills.
Opportunities for collaboration
- Wikimedia Education Newsletters ~ 3 hours per month (Divide and conquer between other participants, look at the roles) ~ Multiple roles
- Outreach and translation support ~ 2 hours month (depending upon the request) ~ Multiple roles
- Community comms Specialist ~ 2 hours per month ~ Multiple roles
- Newsletter editor, A volunteer opting for the role of news editor will commit ~ 90 minutes of their time every month in between 20th and 22nd to help in copyediting the news articles.
- Newsletter publisher, A volunteer opting for the role of newsletter publisher will commit ~ 90 minutes of their time every month in between 22nd and 24th to help in structuring the submitted news articles into the Newsletter format.
- Newsletter distributor A volunteer opting for the role of newsletter distributor will commit ~ 60 minutes of their time every month in between 26th and 28th
- Outreach Wiki expert: This group of volunteers will support in brainstorming the future progress of the space and help in determining an action plan on the use of the space. A volunteer opting for the role of Outreach expert will also help in archiving the old pages of Education on Outreach Wiki, fix codes or add translation tags, align them with the current format. They will spend no more than 120 minutes in a month.
- EWOC Community specialist: Rotatively handling social media channels, share stories of the community work with education team, share office hours and other collaboration opportunities among local community. We want volunteers based in different regions to join us as Community Comms specialist, South Asia, ESEAP, CEE, North America, South America, MENA, Sub-Saharan Africa and other regions. Volunteer opting for the role of EWOC specialist will commit for no more than 120 minutes in this role. Community specialists will join a bi-monthly meeting for bonding and brainstorming ideas. And most conversations will happen over email, 2 times in a month.
- Newsletter team
- Sreenandhini - Newsletter distributor
- Romaine - Newsletter distributor
- ANKAN - Newsletter editor and reviewer
- ZI Jony- Newsletter publisher
- EWOC Community Specialist
- Mohammed Galib Hasan Abir - for South Asia
- Owula kpakpo - for Sub-Saharan Africa
- Brazal.dang - for ESEAP
- Neboysha87 - for CEE
- JamaicanEditor - for North America
- Camelia.boban - for Southern Europe
- Outreach Wiki expert
- VALENTIN NVJ
- Nawaraj Ghimire
- Ruby D-Brown
Anyone can nominate themselves for the translation committee, they will receive a request on their talk page if there’s a need for translation support.
- Add your username along with the language in which you can provide translation support.
- Kunokuno (talk) 15:51, 7 July 2020 (UTC) Bikol, Tagalog
- xibitgh (talk) 16:38, 7 July 2020 (GMT) Akan
- Sridhar G (talk) 04:45, 8 July 2020 (UTC) Tamil.
- Neboysha87 (talk) 09:58, 8 July 2020 (UTC) Serbian
- Marajozkee (talk) 14:19, 18 July 2020 (UTC)
- Laura sf (talk) 01:05, 19 July 2020 (UTC) Dutch
- B20180 (talk) 18:18, 14 August 2020 (UTC) Thai
- Elilopes (talk) 19:47, 3 September 2020 (UTC) pt-br
We value your commitment as a Community Communication Collaborator, and to recognise your participation we have rewards for you on achieving different milestones.
For joining as a collaborator:
We have just started! You will receive EWOC badges for joining as a collaborator, you can use them on your user pages.
For your participation as a collaborator for 3 months:
Thank you for your continued participation! You will receive a Barnstar on your talk page for your participation as a collaborator.
For your participation as a collaborator for 6 months:
We are half way there! Your work will be highlighted in the Education newsletter.
For your participation as a collaborator for a year:
Thank you for being an amazing collaborator! You will receive a letter of recognition from the education team along with Wikimedia swag.