Education/Newsletter/December 2012/Articles of Interest in other publications
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- A new brochure, titled "Instructor Basics: How to use Wikipedia as a teaching tool", is now available from the Wikimedia Foundation and on Wikimedia Commons. This brochure covers key Wikipedia policies and structures that educators wanting to do a Wikipedia assignment in their classes need to understand, best practices on article selection and working with the community, and sample grading rubrics. Download the brochure.
- "Wikis and Wikipedia as a Teaching Tool: Five years later", by Piotr Konieczny (First Monday, Vol. 17, No. 9, 3 September 2012)
- Online Ambassador David Purdy was recently featured in an article in Canadian publication Maclean's. David has more than 130,000 edits on Wikipedia, and he is active in supporting courses in the Canada Education Program. Read the feature on David.
- "Wikipedia: frecuentando el otro lado. Estudiantes editando Wikipedia desde el Grado Multimedia de la UOC" (Wikipedia: frequenting the other side. Students editing Wikipedia from Degree in Multimedia UOC) by David Gómez Fontanills (III Jornadas eMadrid sobre e-Learning Universidad Politécnica de Madrid. June 2012)
- "You're not smart enough to read Wikipedia" NBC News