Education/voting for new logo
|!! Please do not edit this page !! The voting has been closed, thank you for taking your time to help us decide a new logo. We will announce the results soon|
In January 2018 the Education Team at the Wikimedia Foundation published a report based on a survey that asked all of the Wikimedia & Education stakeholders for input about our communications and branding. The research conducted last year found that our communications materials and resources were not reflecting the work of our large and active community of program leaders, educators, students, policymakers, and many more.
We announced in July that we would start making some initial revisions to the Education space on Outreach Wiki. Including phasing out the current visual identity, archiving outdated pages and information, developing new content that is relevant and current, and improving overall usability.
The first step in this process is to decide on a new logo. The Communications team at the Wikimedia Foundation has designed something for us and has asked us to choose a color from three that they have provided. We need your help to decide on the right color for our logo. Please look at the options below, and vote for the one you like best.
Other considerations: After we have decided on the design that we like, the Education Team will work with Comms to provide usage guidelines similar to the one that was developed for the Wikimedia Hackathon. This will include guidelines on variations of the logo, and how it can be customized for different communities, groups, and events related to Wikimedia & Education.
- Wikimedia and Education community from any language and from any country can participate in this.
- Decision through voting is the final decision.
- Voting is allowed from 23rd October 2018 till 28th October 2018.
- Naga sai sravanth (talk) 06:21, 24 October 2018 (UTC)
- Eswar Prabhat (talk) 06:54, 24 October 2018 (UTC)
- Koushik Avula (talk)
- Mehrdad Pourzaki (talk) 16:03, 24 October 2018 (UTC)
- Nivas10798 (talk) 06:51, 25 October 2018 (UTC)
- KCVelaga (talk) 06:58, 25 October 2018 (UTC)
- Rzuwig► 19:58, 25 October 2018 (UTC)
- --Alexmar983 (talk) 17:02, 2 November 2018 (UTC)
- I find something more subtle about this colouring option. I wish it featured a pencil or book as a symbol for education, but then again, those elements can be featured around the logo if desired. MPourzaki (talk)
- Gereon K. (talk) I wonder how lettering is still readable over either dark or light blue, so medium blue seems to be the best choice.
- looks more attention grabbing to me Shypoetess (talk) 01:03, 24 October 2018 (UTC)
- Looks calm and good IM3847 (talk) 05:23, 24 October 2018 (UTC)
- Looks cool and calm Sumanth699 (talk) 05:38, 24 October 2018 (UTC)
- Lighter blue looks brighter, which shows more creative and free to me. CY, Meng (talk) 06:50, 24 October 2018 (UTC)
- Vibrant hue Bks-WMIL (talk) 06:51, 24 October 2018 (UTC)
- looks good MNavya (talk) 07:01, 24 October 2018 (UTC)
- Light blue for Education -Jinoytommanjaly (talk) 10:32, 24 October 2018 (UTC)
- Very bright--Owula kpakpo (talk) 12:10, 24 October 2018 (UTC)
- Ranjithsiji (talk) 13:05, 24 October 2018 (UTC)
- Bright and awesome! SuswethaK (talk) 16:25, 24 October 2018 (UTC)
- Megs (talk) 19:02, 24 October 2018 (UTC)
- Ldorfman (talk) 20:44, 28 October 2018 (UTC)
- Notanotheramy (talk) 03:44, 29 October 2018 (UTC)
- May fade out when used in small sizes and on light backgrounds. Has less visibility even when on used on White background (unless the size is big). KCVelaga (talk) 07:00, 25 October 2018 (UTC)