Jump to navigation Jump to search
Hello Ottawahitech and welcome to the Outreach Wiki!
Our mission is to recruit and support new Wikimedians and to build strong relationships with cultural and educational institutions. Want to help? Here are ways that you can get involved:
- Indicate your languages and skills on your user page so we know how you can best help!
- Review the bookshelf materials, help with localization and add your feedback.
- Learn about our work with cultural institutions, educational institutions, and libraries.
The Village pump is a great place to ask questions. Thanks for stopping by. I hope that you like Outreach Wiki and decide to stay!
Greetings: Nieuwsgierige Gebruiker (talk) 11:30, 11 April 2020 (UTC)
- Hi @Nieuwsgierige Gebruiker: Do you mean do as I say and not as I do? Just curious. Ottawahitech (talk) 16:11, 12 April 2020 (UTC)
"IMIO the sheer number of people blocked/banned/globally locked/what have you by local admins/stewards/global sysops/wmf employees/did I miss any? is unhealthy. "
- yes, the drama queens have turned from biting newbies, to biting the veterans to shut them up. we have all the tl;dr or reasonable sounding rules, which are weaponized by the unreasonable. i help GLAMs route around the obstruction, but the toxic culture is a barrier to entry. it is the "do what i tell you" form of collaboration. the smaller wikis are more friendly, and more ameanable to fresh start, but the larger wikis have a culture of "infinite block + talk lock = go away", for minor infractions, that are not disruptive.
- you know wikicode, so try out wikisource. it is an out of the way wiki, where you can get some work done, and maybe find some quote sources. cheers.--Slowking4 (talk) 23:00, 31 December 2021 (UTC)
- @Slowking4:, Thanks for taking the time, and apologies for the late response.
- I found a medium-sized wiki (WQ) where, so far, I seem to be accepted, or at least, tolerated. I believe it is a good fit for me. I will always keep WS at the back of my mind -- I respect the admins who run it (those who I am somewhat familiar with). Actually come to think of it I wish it was easier for simple users such as myself to figure out who the admins are on each wiki, this one for example. Cheers, Ottawahitech (talk) 20:02, 9 March 2022 (UTC)