Wikipedia Loves Libraries/Collaborations
From Outreach Wiki
- In progress, please add — and reorganize when this gets too unwieldy!
Events, trainings and talks
- See also: the events for Wikipedia Loves Libraries listed on English Wikipedia, on Italian Wikipedia
- The list of meetups and recurring campaigns on the English Wikipedia, many of which have happened in libraries
- June 20 to August 20: Meta:State Library of Western Australia
- August 27th WikiFemHack in Bogotá by Fundación Karisma: 
- May 2016 to February 2016, London, UK: Wellcome Library residency with training and editing events at the Wellcome Library.
- May to December 2016, Switzerland: Wiki on Rails 2016, railway-related events for Wikipedians and people interested in Wikipedia in several GLAM institutions in Switzerland (on the occasion of the opening of the Gotthard Base Tunnel)
- Australian School Library Association (ASLA) webinars: Write don't cite. Wikipedia in education
- Wikimedia Australia Public Libraries Victoria Network editing workshops, April 2016
- 18 march, Milano (Italy). Wikimedia Italia conference at Library meeting le Stelline
- 8 march, Firenze, National Library. WikiHachathon on women articles
- February 2016, Wikidata tour Australia, including VALA Conference Bootcamps GLAM-Wiki Bomb
- 27 november, Firenze (Italy): Second National Conferenze of GLAM/llibraries Group
- Pritzker military museum & library, April 18
- University of Washington special collections, April 25
- Australian Library and Inforrmation Association (ALIA) editor training around Australia. February 2015: Wikipedia and Libraries initiative
- 10 febbruary, Firenze (Italy): Andrea Zanni, president of Wikimedia Italia partecipate to The Art of Invention: Culture, Technology and User Engagement in the Digital Age, International OCLC conference.
- Wikimedia Australia and Australian Library and Information Association (ALIA) information evenings around Australia. November-December 2014: Wikipedia and Libraries
- AustralianZentralbibliothek (Central Library) Solothurn, Switzerland. October 14/22/30 2014: Introductions to editing Wikipedia.
- University of New Orleans, Earl K. Long Library. New Orleans, Louisiana, USA. Thursday, April 17th. Introduction to editing Wikipedia and Edit-a-thon on New Orleans topics.
- Italy, 8 march Editations in many cities on women biographies
- Florence, Italy, 6 February, Introdution to Wikipedia.
- Rennes, France, Sunday, 24 November. The Wikipedians of Rennes, Brittany, France (the so-called NCO) were invited by the central library of Rennes Les Champs Libres for a first small editathon on 24 November for Wikipedia and Wikisource activities, given it is the 10th anniversary of Wikisource and given the library concomitantly opened a new digital library centered on local heritage.
- 5 november, Modena, Italy. Aubrey, from Wikimedia Italia, will participate at the Sebina DAY, a librarian conference organized by Data Management. The conference will be streamed to more than 35 different libraries within Italy.
- 30 october- 4 december, Venezia Mestre, Italy. Wikimedia Italia and Biblioteca VEZ organize a Wikipedia course for library patrons.
- The calendar is the following:
- 26 october, Firenze, Italy. Wikimedia Italia, National library of Firenze, Italian library association, organize a Bibliohackton on VIAF and WikiData
- 5 october, Firenze, Italy. Presentation of realized and ongoing projects of italian GLAM/libraries group.
- 16-17 and 23-24 september- Italian library association (AIB) together with Public library of Scandicci and university of Siena library organize a 2 day introducing course for librarian and for library users.
- August-December 2013. 16 week course, "Wikipedia and Knowledge Management" taught at University of South Florida, School of Information.Focus on librarians as Wikipedians.
- 29 June: Aubrey and CristianCantoro will meet the National Library of Florence personel for discussing the Thesaurus partnership.
- 20 June: national meeting of librarians regarding SBN, National Catalog Service. Several librarians and wikipedians will be there and discuss potential Library-Wiki collaboration.
- 5 And 12 June, Borgo San Lorenzo (Florence, Italy): introductory course to Wikipedia for librarians, at the computer room at the Union of Municipalities of Montana Mugello (from 9 to 13). Teacher: Susanna Giaccai
- June 4, Gold Coast Australia: Wikipedia training day, Gold Coast Libraries
- May 30, Crema, Italy: Librarian Virginia Gentilini gives a presentation at this library conference on "relationship between Wikipedia and the world of libraries. What does it mean to be Wikipedian librarians"
- May 4, Bologna, Italy: edit-a-thon on women biographies in Biblioteca Salaborsa. Teacher: Ginevra Sanvitale, for WikiWomen Love Libraries.
- April 20 and June 8, Bologna, Italy: the public library Biblioteca Salaborsa hosts introductory course to Wikipedia for citizens. Teacher: Piero Grandesso.
- March 14, Milano, Italy: former librarian Susanna Giaccai gives a presentation at this national library conference on collaborative efforts between librarians and wikipedians.
- June/July 2012, Catalonia: Catalonian librarian training - 150 librarians trained in editing!
- January 14th, Florence, and March 3rd, Pistoia, Italy: Aubrey and Laurentius present a course on Wikipedia dedicated to librarians from Tuscany.
- Panel at Wikimania 2008, held in the Biblioteca Alexandria, Alexandria Egypt, called "Wikimedia and Libraries". Panelists included Chuck Henry, director of CLIR; Sohair Wastawy, chief librarian of the Biblioteca Alexandrina, Tim Spalding, founder of Librarything; Phoebe Ayers, of the University of California, Davis; and Jakob Voss, of the GBV common library network. SJ Klein, director of community content for OLPC, moderated. Afterwards, several Wikipedians from the conference (Liam Wyatt, Phoebe Ayers, Andrew Lih) spoke to librarians at the Biblioteca. Ideas from the panel are here.
Wikipedians-in-residence, long-term and ongoing projects
- en:Wikipedia:GLAM/State Library of New South Wales
- en:Wikipedia:GLAM/State Library of Queensland
- Wikimedia Nederland Library project
- en:Wikipedia:GLAM/Gerald R. Ford Presidential Library and Museum
- en:Wikipedia:GLAM/New York Public Library
- en:Wikipedia:GLAM/World Digital Library
- en:Wikipedia:GLAM/British Library
- en:Wikipedia:GLAM/The National Archives
- en:Wikipedia:GLAM/National Library of Israel
- en:Wikipedia:GLAM/Metropolitan New York Library Council
- Work with archives (listed on the GLAM page...) Budesarchiv, NARA, etc etc!