|Wikimedia Commons has media related to: Category:Wikipedia Education Program Serbia|
Education Program Manager, Wikimedia Serbia
- Milica Žarković (temporarily absent)
Education Program Manager, Wikimedia Serbia
Wiki Student (2007 -), Wiki Gymnasium (2012 -), President of Wikimedia Serbia Academy Board (2012 - 2017), Wikimedia Serbia Board member (2005 -)
Wiki Student (2007 -), Member of Wikimedia Serbia Academy Board (2012 -), Wikimedia Serbia Board member (2005 -)
Wiki Ambasador for Faculty of Mathematics, President of Wikimedia Serbia Academy Board (2017 -), Wikimedia Serbia Board member
Wikimedia Serbia has participated in the Wikipedia Education Program since 2006. It has partnerships with 20+ academic institutions (universities and secondary schools), they run 3 projects, and are coordinated by Education Program Manager and overseen by an Academic Board. Over 2500 Serbian students have created 1,500+ articles.
- Академски одбор
- Семинари Викимедије Србије
- Писање чланка
- Вики гимназијалац
- Вики школарац
- Вики студент
The Academic Board (Академски одбор) was established with the aim to improve cooperation with scientific and educational institutions in Serbia. The target groups are schools, colleges and institutes, together with their members - pupils, students, teachers / professors. The Board manages educational projects with the aim of spreading free knowledge and the introduction of Wikipedia and its sister projects in the educational school system of our country.
Education Program Manager
This Education Program Manager position was introduced in January 2015. It was recognized that the Education Program has huge potential to develop, but requires additional reinforcement. The Education Program Manager works closely with the Academic Board, sharing principles and practices already established by them.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to: Category:EduWiki Learning Day Belgrade 2014|
The goals of the EduWiki conference were to increase cooperation between Wikimedia and academic and scientific institutions, to promote cooperation between regional Wikimedia chapters on educational projects, to connect local education leaders with Wikipedia editors, and to grow Wikipedia's use in education. Wikimedia Serbia was the second Wikimedia Chapter to host an EduWiki conference. The 2014 event in Belgrade was the third EduWiki Conference. There is additional information on the conference website and in the education newsletter:
- Education/Newsletter/May 2014/EduWiki Conference in Belgrade 2014
- Education/Newsletter/January 2014/Next EduWiki conference slated for Serbia
Accredited Wikipedia course for teachers
After the Serbian Ministry of Education prescribed that as of September 2014 all students in the second year of secondary school curriculum must study wiki tools, the Institute for the Improvement of Knowledge and Education has included a course on Wikipedia in its catalogue of accredited programs for continuous professional development of teachers, professors and other school personnel. This accreditation lasted for two years and the course started in December 2014. The course, called “Usage of Wikipedia in teaching and learning”, was developed by Wikimedia Serbia and the Academic Board of the Wikimedia Serbia. It`s achievement was reported in This Month in Education. Read more at Education/Government Partnerships#Serbia. During the first semester of school year 2015/2016, Wikimedia Serbia has realized 4 courses, attended by over 100 teachers in Serbia.
In 2016, new course called “Usage of online wiki tools as didactic tools in teaching and learning” was accredited by the Institute for the Improvement of Knowledge and Education. The accreditation lasts for two academic years (2016/17 and 2017/18) and the first course was realized in November 2016 at Primary school "Vuk Karadzic". The course is realized by Wikimedia Serbia. You can also check a gallery.
- Wiki Student is a project for university/higher education and their students and teachers / assistants.
- The idea is to introduce students to Wikipedia, its meaning, benefits, and above all, editing, and the teachers / assistants encourage the use of modern approaches to teaching.
- The aim
- To introduce a Wikipedia in the higher education system by writing term papers on a given topic from a university subject.
|Institution||Faculty||School year/semester||Number of participants||Numer of edited articles|
|University of Belgrade||Faculty of Mathematics||2012/13, 2013/14, 2014/15, 2015/16, 2016/17||438||479|
|University of Belgrade||Faculty of Physical Chemistry||2005/06, 2006/7||NA||NA|
|University of Belgrade||Faculty of Philology||2013/14, 2014/15, 2015/16, 2016/17||232||131|
|University of Belgrade||Faculty of Organizational Sciences||2010/11, 2011/12, 2012/13, 2014/15, 2015/16, 2016/17||93||82|
|University of Belgrade||Faculty of Electrical Engineering||2011/12||NA||NA|
|Megatrend University, Belgrade||Faculty of Computer Science||2012/13||4||4|
|University of Belgrade||Faculty of Drama Arts||2012/13||1||1|
|University of Belgrade||Faculty of Mining and Geology||2012/13, 2013/14, 2014/15, 2016/17||99||167|
|Union University, Belgrade||Faculty of Computer Science||2012/13||4||4|
|University of Podgorica, Montenegro||Faculty of Electrical Engineering||2011/12, 2013/14, 2014/15||6||6|
|University of Banja Luka, Bosnia and Herzegovina||Faculty of Poltiical Sciences||2015/16||23||17|
|University of Niš, Vranje||Faculty of Teaching||2013/14, 2014/15, 2015/16, 2016/17||187||172|
|The School of Electrical and Computer Engineering of Applied Studies||Faculty of Computer Sciences||2013/14, 2014/15, 2015/16, 2016/17||518||881|
|University of Kragujevac||Faculty of Engeneering||2015/16||30||875|
|University of Belgrade||Faculty of Geography||2014/15, 2015/16, 2016/17||156||112|
|University of Belgrade||Faculty of Agriculture||2014/15, 2015/16, 2016/17||457||350|
|University of Belgrade||Faculty of Security Studies||2014/15, 2015/16, 2016/17||172||126|
|University of Belgrade||Faculty of Poltiical Sciences||2016/17||17||10|
|Alpha BK University, Belgrade||Faculty of foreign languages||2016/17||10||6|
Wiki Gymnasium (secondary schools)
- Wiki Gymnasium project is designed primarily for high schools (especially gymnasium) and their students and teachers.
- The idea is to familiarize students with Wikipedia, its meaning, benefits, and above all, editing, and to encourage teachers to use modern approaches to teaching.
- The aim
- To introduce Wikipedia into the education system by writing papers (term papers) on a given topic from a certain subject (geography, history, biology, etc.).
|Institution||School year||Number of participants||Number of edited articles|
|7th Belgrade Gymnasium||2012/13, 2013/14||50||38|
|3rd Belgrade Gymnasium||2012/13, 2013/14, 2015/16||177||185|
|Mathematics Gymnasium||2013/14, 2015/16, 2016/17||98||70|
|5th Belgrade Gymnasium||2013/14, 2014/15||31||39|
|Ivanjica Gymnasium||2013/14, 2014/15||26||13|
|8th Belgrade Gymnasium||2014/15, 2015/16, 2016/17||21||12|
|9th Belgrade Gymnasium||2014/15, 2015/16, 2016/17||123||67|
|Pharmacy - Physiotherapy College||2014/15, 2015/16, 2016/17||28||5|
|School for design||2014/15||10||10|
|15th Belgrade Gymnasium||2015/16||74||59|
|13th Belgrade Gymnasium||2015/16, 2016/17||6||1|
|IT High School||2015/16||19||4|
|Savremena International School||2015/16, 2016/17||70||51|
|Stara Pazova Gymnasium||2015/16, 2016/17||35||5|
|Nikola Tesla School of Electrical Engineering, Pančevo||2016/17||51||24|
|Sonja Marinković Agricultural High School, Požarevac||2016/17||20||1|
|Sveti Sava Gymnasium||2016/17||19||0|
- Wiki Schooler is a project for primary schools and their students and teachers.
- There are currently no activities in this project.
Wikinews in schools
- Wikinews in schools is a project aimed at the development of the project and the Wikinews introduction of students to the basics of online journalism.
- The plan
- To teach courses on journalism and workshops on editing the Wikinews, to pupils / students prepared for independent research and writing news.
- Faculty of Media and Communication, Singidunum University, Belgrade (February - October 2010).
- Wikipedia in Schools 2012-2013
- Annual Grant 2012-2013 Q1
- Annual Grant 2012-2013 Q2
- Annual Grant 2012-2013 Q3
- Annual Grant 2012-2013 Q4
- Annual Grant 2012-2013 Q5
- Annual Grant 2014 Q1
- Annual Grant 2014 Q2
- Annual Grant 2014 Q3
- Impact report 2014
- Progress report January - June 2015
- Accredited course report, Summary of feedbacks from participants, 2016
- Edu Wiki camp in Serbia introduces students to Wikipedia (Education newsletter)
- Education brochure launched by Wikimedia Serbia (Education newsletter)
- Teachers in Serbia professionally trained to use Wikipedia in the classroom by Wikimedians
- Learning Quarterly: Grow the awesome: A program in the spotlight: Wikimedia Serbia Education Program (Learning and Evaluation newsletter)
- Wikimedia Serbia's teacher education course accredited by the Republic of Serbia (Education newsletter)
- First Wikipedia Ambassador at the University of Belgrade (Education newsletter)
- Serbian high school student advocates for the Education Program (Education newsletter)
- Wikicamp 2014 in Serbia and Hungary brings chapters together (Education newsletter)
- The Signpost: Wikimedia in Education. Serbia takes the stage with Filip Maljković.