User:Sara Mörtsell (WMSE), Education Manager Wikimedia Sweden, paid staff.
Our program has been running since 2012 and we are steadily building our network with institutions throughout the Education system. We now have an updated training module in place introducing the course pages extension on Wikipedia. Wikimini is a useful tool for children and their teachers to understand Wikipedia and free licenses. We have worked with key educators in a variety of educational contexts, k-12, higher education, Swedish for immigrants program, International training programs targeting developing countries, and the Swedish non-formal educational system for lifelong learning.
Videos resources in Swedish
Teachers and students talking about editing Wikipedia
Teacher talking about Wikimini
- 1 brief video overview of Programs & Events Dashboard.
- 4 video tutorials for beginners focusing on using VisualEditor.
- 1 video tutorial on how to assess the reliability and quality of a Wikipedia article.
- 3 tutorials for teachers on how to use Wikimini (the free encyclopedia in Swedish for children)
Slide deck resources
Portal resource in Swedish for program leaders
- Wikipedia in Education collaboration overview
- Main portal for Wikipedia in Education Program management
Brief overview of the Programs & Events Dashboard with Swedish annotations.
Handouts in Swedish
Examples of program activities
Trainings on Wikiversity
- WikiWelcome a portal on Swedish Wikiversity for 200 students, 2017.
- 3 courses on Swedish Wikiversity. 1 for teachers in high-school, one for ambassadors, and one training module for teachers and learners in the SFI-program, 2013.
Open Badges in 2014
In 2014, we started issuing open badges for educators and students to recognize their skills and merits.
- 1 Wikipedian as staff at a university to support Phd & research students, 2013.
SFI: Swedish for Immigrants 2013
- One year project with three teachers teaching adult immigrants Swedish, 2013.
- Resource for teachers and students in the SFI program on Wikiversity, 2014.
Ambassador training in 2013
- A few people have gone through the ambassador-training and are now able to support in their educational setting.
Wikimini launched in 2013
We encourage schools to get involved in Wikimini (http://sv.wikimini.org/wiki/Huvudsida) the free Swedish encyclopedia for children, year 1-7. Wikimini was successfully launched in 2013 and now has a small body of initial content that we can build on with educators in order to support an emergent Wikimini community.
Training modules on Swedish Wikipedia
Implementing the now defunct Course Extension.
- Training and guide for teachers on Swedish Wikipedia: Träning för pedagoger
- Training and guide for students on Swedish Wikipedia: Träning för studenter
- Training and guide for teachers on Swedish Wikiversity: Wikipediakurs för pedagoger
- Education newsletter: The benefits of teaching with Wikipedia broadcasted on Swedish National Radio
- Education newsletter: Mid-year Summary from the Wikipedia Education Program in Sweden
- Education newsletter: Students nominated for their MOOC on Swedish Wikiversity