Anonymous Ro 61 2 Assaggio
violin h moll BeRI 324-0003, free for anyone to play.
April 22 and 23 Musikverket hosted an online edit-a-thon along with Wikimedia Sverige and some regional music archives in Sweden. Articles were created, updated and improved, some musical notations were added to Wikimedia Commons and items about the Epistles of Fredman were updated.
Enriching GLAM photos with SDC
This photo from the UNESCO Archives has been enriched with SDC data about the person it depicts and the place it was taken.
Wikimedia Sverige has been working on implementing Structured Data on Commons on a larger scale in GLAM material on Commons. We have previously worked on folk music recordings. In the last month, we focused on photographs from the UNESCO Archives. Many of those photos have good metadata, including where and when they were taken and whom they depict. Being able to convert that data to SDC statements was a small contribution to making the files on Wikimedia Commons more useful, searchable and discoverable.
The work on SDC in GLAM collections will be summarized in a set of case studies that will be published by Wikimedia Sverige at the end of June 2021, so that we can both share our experience and hopefully help others in their own projects.
Swedish GLAM survey
Through a small survey to Swedish GLAM institutions (Projekt GLAM), we asked for some areas to develop together. The purpose was to investigate which work processes are possible for future work and we got some good suggestions (in Swedish) to work further with.
When we asked what they want to achieve, we got the following answer:
– To be able to reach far more people with the knowledge we manage.
– Make data available and searchable over a long period of time.
– Get a wider distribution of our digital material.
– Increased participation and accessibility.
When we asked how Wikimedia Sweden can help to achieve those goals, we received these answers:
– Make it easier for organizations to upload their own material.
– Practical help with uploading and advice for how to do it.
– Collaborate in more and different projects.
– Opportunity to ask questions and get support.
No comments yet. Yours could be the first!