GLAM/Newsletter/July 2015/Contents/Special story
As a new issue of Wiki Loves Monuments is about to begin, the Learning and Evaluation team at Wikimedia Foundation would like to capture program leaders’ best advice and strategies for planning Wiki Loves photo contests, and other photography events like Wiki Expeditions.
Help us build the new program toolkit!
We are gathering ideas, advice and resources for people to plan, run and evaluate Wiki Loves photo contests and other photo events for a program toolkit to be released in early September.
There are several ways you can help:
- Contribute to learning patterns by sharing advice and lessons you have learned organizing and evaluating photo events.
- Post links to mailing list threads, talk page discussions, best practices, tools, blog posts, videos or other resources you think are helpful for planning Wiki Loves contests or photo events.
- Ask and answer questions such as: how to publicize events, motivate participants, increase images in use, adapt Wiki Loves to suit your local context.
- Join discussions about how to set goals and evaluate photo contests and events
- Find other program leaders with similar experiences.
We are experimenting with new ways to connect program leaders and share knowledge across the movement. Your feedback will be incorporated in the new program toolkit, to be released in early September.
Join the conversation! Go to the Photo Events Toolkit Talk Page and ask questions, find answers, share what you know and learn together.