GLAM/Newsletter/June 2018/Contents/Wikimedia and Libraries User Group report
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Wikimedia and Libraries User Group report
Poll to direct activities
User Group Poll
The WLUG steering committee ran a survey for the user group in order to help gauge interest in activities. The poll ran between May 24th and June 30th.
We received 84 responses. Results are in order of number of votes (people could choose multiple items). This helps us to see where the energy of the community is. The User Group steering committee will use these poll results to help plan our activities in the coming year.
- 57 Engage with libraries in communities with historically low participation in Wikimedia projects
- 53 Serve as ambassadors for the idea that Wikimedia work is business as usual in libraries by sharing case studies and communicating the benefits of engaging with Wikimedia
- 50 Proactively coordinate outreach to library professionals; arrange for attendance at library conferences and events
- 41 Expand campaigns like 1lib1ref, and get librarians more involved in other campaigns such as Wiki Loves Monuments, The 100,000 Challenge, Women in Red, etc.
- 32 Explore how to roll out a Wikipedia + Libraries OCLC-style course on a global scale
- 31 Help explain and promote The Wikipedia Library
- 28 Use social media and email channels to exchange expertise, share resources, and support each other during events (such as edit-a-thons)
- 24 Revive Wikipedia Loves Libraries
- 22 Relieve anxiety about 'doing Wikipedia wrong' and get people excited to join
- 15 Turn 1lib1ref from a campaign into a year-long, 24/7 branch
In this issue
- From the team
- Armenia report
- Australia report
- Brazil report
- France report
- Germany report
- Indonesia report
- Italy report
- Macedonia report
- Netherlands report
- New Zealand report
- Russia report
- Serbia report
- Sweden report
- UK report
- USA report
- Wikidata report
- Wikimania report
- Wikimedia and Libraries User Group report
- WMF GLAM report
+ Add a commentDiscuss this story
To follow comments, add the page to your watchlist. If your comment has not appeared here, you can try .
No comments yet. Yours could be the first!
This Month in GLAM needs you to help put together the next issue.