GLAM/Newsletter/June 2021/Contents/Belgium report
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Edit-a-thons with Wiki Women Design
Sessions of Wiki Women Design
Wiki Women Design is a year-long project of the Vlaams Architectuurinstituut, Wikimedia Belgium, and many other partners in GLAM. The goal is writing about (often less known) women who have left their mark on Belgium's design heritage: (interior) architects, designers, artists, policy makers, researchers, editors, etc. For this project, our partner institutions have each organized writing sessions focused on the women in their own fields of research, regions, and collections.
- On 15 May 2021 we were hosted by the Museum voor Kunst en Geschiedenis Brussel. This session was focused on women designers reperesented by the museum in its collection or through research, as well as on historic and contemporary lace designers.
- On 20 May 2021 we were hosted by the Vlaams Architectuurinstituut, for a session focusing on women in Belgian architecture landscape.
- On 21 May 2021 we were hosted by the University of Hasselt (via video conferencing). The focus on this session lay on designers from the Limburg region.
- On 16 June 2021 we were hosted by the Design Museum Gent, where participants edited articles on contemporary Belgian designers.
- On 21 June 2021 we were hosted by the AR-TUR, Centrum voor architectuur, stedelijkheid en landschap in de Kempen. This session's subjects were designers from the Kempen region.
- On 28 June 2021 we were hosted by the Fashion Museum Hasselt to write Belgian women in the fashion, textile and shoe industry onto Wikipedia.
Art & History Museum Brussels
Flanders Architecture Institute
Individual coaching in Gent
Session overview in Turnhout
Special guest Yvette Lauwaert (in the middle)
In this issue
- AfLIA Wikipedia in African Libraries report
- Albania report
- Argentina report
- Belgium report
- Brazil report
- France report
- Guinea report
- Italy report
- Netherlands report
- New Zealand report
- Serbia report
- Spain report
- Sweden report
- Switzerland report
- Uganda report
- UK report
- Ukraine report
- USA report
- Special story
- Structured Data on Wikimedia Commons report
- WMF GLAM report
+ Add a commentDiscuss this story
To follow comments, add the page to your watchlist. If your comment has not appeared here, you can try .
No comments yet. Yours could be the first!
Want the latest edition delivered to your talk page each month?