Hi! We on the Education Team noticed that our list of countries and programs needs updating. Will you help us by updating the information available on your country page? If you need some ideas about what to include, let us know. Some great information to add or update includes: institutions, numbers (courses, students, educators), key contacts and any links to other documentation on wiki (in any language -- English summaries are helpful but not required).
If you have any ongoing programs we would love to hear more about them! You can always get in touch with your regional focal point on wiki or by email. Here is our contact information:
Tighe Flanagan (Africa and the Middle East) tflanagan wikimedia.org
Vahid Masrour (South America and Europe) vmasrour wikimedia.org
Nichole Saad (Asia and the Pacific) nsaad wikimedia.org
- How is the Education program coming along?
- Very nice, we have conducted few more events as experiments i.e. One Week WEP and One Day WEP in Sanothimi Education Campus focusing to undergraduate students of B.Ed. in ICT.
- Will you run the idea of Wikipedia Loves Jatras in 2013?
- As evolution of Wiki Loves Monuments, we want to have this event. We hope, we will have this event by 2015.
--SOsterberg (WMF) 07:48, 19 August 2013
--Ganesh Paudel 08:44, 25 April 2014
Update from Ganesh at WMCON15
Previous activities at Sanothimi Campus were under the PEG grant. Results not good because of attitudes of community members. Articles were getting deleted. But the students in the program are about to graduate with their teaching degrees and may later wish to teach with Wikipedia as they were taught.
Hempal wants to focus now only on education. He wants to apply for another IEG/PEG grant, starting over doing something different somewhere else. He is a great Wikimedian, but not as much Wikipedian.
WM NP Saturday WikiSchool sessions for adults would continue.
Want to pilot education program activities in high schools outside of the Capital City., Ganesh's wife and a librarian, has time to do some work part time and community members can support her to mentor teachers at the . It's a school inside an orphanage. We would focus on grades 8-10, 13-15 year olds. There have been discussions with the school principal and WMNP and there is interest in partnership and collaboration. It would be in the computer classes, and later history and geography could be covered as well. We have 6-7 months to plan.
- Next Steps
- Connect Ganesh and Filip from the Education Collaborative for mentoring and planning support for the high school program in Itahari.
- Talk with Hempal about WIkiSchool and new PEG grant.
- Decide whom to replace Prakash with to represent Nepal in the Education Collaborative
- Have Hempal mentor Nawaraj Ghimire
- Ask Hempal for Everest poster!! XD