User talk:Axel Pettersson (WMSE)
Hello Axel Pettersson (WMSE), and welcome to the Outreach Wiki! Our mission is to recruit and support new Wikimedians and to build strong relationships with cultural and educational institutions. Want to help? Here's some stuff you can do:
- Volunteer to join the outreach team so we know that we're allowed to ask you for help ;-)
- Indicate your languages and skills on your user page so we know how you can best help!
- Review the bookshelf materials, help with localization and add your feedback
- Learn about our work with cultural institutions and join ongoing conversations
- Join the Account Creation Improvement Project, aiming to increase editing by new users
- Start a student club at your university
See the sidebar for some other projects you can get involved in.
The Village pump is a great place to ask questions, but don't hesitate to leave me a note if I can help. Thanks for stopping by – hope you like the place and decide to stay! Érico msg 02:02, 29 May 2012 (UTC)
- Main discussion at Talk:Wikipedian_in_Residence
I'm in the process of writing some templates to be able to make the Wikipedian_in_Residence table easier to maintain using wikidata.
In order to implement w:Template:WiR_table_row here, could I request the import of:
- w:module:WikidataIB/sandbox to module:WikidataIB
- w:Template:WiR_table_row to Template:WiR_table_row
- w:Template:WiR_table_start to Template:WiR_table_start
Thank you! Evolution and evolvability (talk) 01:57, 28 September 2019 (UTC)
How we will see unregistered users
You get this message because you are an admin on a Wikimedia wiki.
When someone edits a Wikimedia wiki without being logged in today, we show their IP address. As you may already know, we will not be able to do this in the future. This is a decision by the Wikimedia Foundation Legal department, because norms and regulations for privacy online have changed.
Instead of the IP we will show a masked identity. You as an admin will still be able to access the IP. There will also be a new user right for those who need to see the full IPs of unregistered users to fight vandalism, harassment and spam without being admins. Patrollers will also see part of the IP even without this user right. We are also working on better tools to help.
If you have not seen it before, you can read more on Meta. If you want to make sure you don’t miss technical changes on the Wikimedia wikis, you can subscribe to the weekly technical newsletter.
We have two suggested ways this identity could work. We would appreciate your feedback on which way you think would work best for you and your wiki, now and in the future. You can let us know on the talk page. You can write in your language. The suggestions were posted in October and we will decide after 17 January.
Thank you. /Johan (WMF)
18:18, 4 January 2022 (UTC)