Wikimedia:Requests for permissions
Use this page to request to be a translation administrator, administrator, or a bureaucrat. All requests should be made below, instead of at the Village pump, which has traditionally served as the rights request page, in addition to user talk pages.
Note: Staff of the Wikimedia Foundation are exempt from this page, as their work automatically qualifies them for the role of Administrator on this site.
Requirements for administrators
As of 3 August 2017, the following are minimum qualifications for users who wish to become administrators on the Outreach Wiki. Note that the "administrator" flag is different from the "translation administrator" flag, and this change only affects the "administrator" flag.
- 10,000 global edits under all registered accounts
- At least 1 year as a registered user under the account which the requester proposes to use for admin activity on Outreach
- No more than 1 active block across all Wikimedia projects on all of the user's accounts
- The account which the user proposes for administrator activity on Outreach already has administrator permissions on at least one other Wikimedia wiki, with
- at least 3,000 edits on that wiki
- at least 1 year as an administrator on that wiki
- at least 300 logged admin actions on that wiki
- no blocks (other than self-requested blocks) within the past 5 years on that wiki. (The account doesn't need to be 5 years old.)
Requests for permissions
|Please be sure to follow the instructions below:
Administrator rights request for Mohammed Galib Hasan
Hi all! Currently i am Working on Wikipedia Education Outreach Program thats why i have a regular visit in Outreach. Currently i am Translating some outreach page from English to Bangla. If you see that since last month i have done more than thousand edits in Outreach Check. I have more than 5000+ Global Edits. I think the manner and discipline for Outreach now quite familiar to me. So if you grant me as a Admin of Outreach it will be more effective and fluent to work.Hopefully i can make more Contribution in Outreach with the help of Community member. Thanks! Mohammed Galib Hasan (talk) 12:19, 14 January 2018 (UTC)
- @Mohammed Galib Hasan: I don't personally object to you having advanced user rights but as you can see above, you don't meet the requirements: you need 10,000 edits across wikis. Adminship and bureaucratship used to be handed out here with little discrimination and the community now feels that those rights should only be given more selectively. This isn't a criticism of your quality of edits. Note that I am !voting neutral to see if others are in favor of giving this to you, tho. It's still possible that the community will vote in favor. Koavf (talk) 20:06, 14 January 2018 (UTC)
- @Koavf: I do respect your decision and thanks for making me translation admin. Cheers!! Mohammed Galib Hasan (talk) 16:21, 16 January 2018 (UTC)
- Neutral Per Koavf, in addition, it would be desirable to be an administrator in another project. Anyway, I do not object since the user looks with good intentions and it would be unfair to oppose. —Alvaro Molina (✉ - ✔) 13:52, 20 January 2018 (UTC)
- @AlvaroMolina:Thanks for your comment. And i do respect your decision. Cheers!! Mohammed Galib Hasan (talk) 17:10, 22 January 2018 (UTC)