Wikimedia:Requests for permissions
Use this page to request to be a translation administrator, administrator, or a bureaucrat. All requests should be made below, instead of at the Village pump, which has traditionally served as the rights request page, in addition to user talk pages.
Note: Staff of the Wikimedia Foundation are exempt from this page, as their work automatically qualifies them for the role of Administrator on this site.
Requirements for administrators
As of 3 August 2017, the following are minimum qualifications for users who wish to become administrators on the Outreach Wiki. Note that the "administrator" flag is different from the "translation administrator" flag, and this change only affects the "administrator" flag.
- 10,000 global edits under all registered accounts
- At least 1 year as a registered user under the account which the requester proposes to use for admin activity on Outreach
- No more than 1 active block across all Wikimedia projects on all of the user's accounts
- The account which the user proposes for administrator activity on Outreach already has administrator permissions on at least one other Wikimedia wiki, with
- at least 3,000 edits on that wiki
- at least 1 year as an administrator on that wiki
- at least 300 logged admin actions on that wiki
- no blocks (other than self-requested blocks) within the past 5 years on that wiki. (The account doesn't need to be 5 years old.)
Requests for permissions
|Please be sure to follow the instructions below:
- @Koavf: i have already said the main reason. I translated some page from English to Bangla and Urdu. If you will give me this right then i can mark some page for translation. Thank you. Tanbirzx (talk)
- Sure but why can't you meet the required criteria first? Koavf (talk) 05:56, 4 May 2021 (UTC)
- @Koavf: sorry sir it was my mistake. I have read the page [translation admin]
- @Tanbirzx: do you have experience preparing pages for translation, etc? If all you are doing is translating, you don't need the rights - of your 38 edits to this wiki, I count 10 related to this permission request and it doesn't look like you have been active much on this wiki in general --DannyS712 (talk) 08:41, 8 May 2021 (UTC)
- @DannyS712: Yes i have some experience in preparation pages for translation. Yes you are right that i have not much contribution in this wiki. I couldn't find some proper page for translate, so that this is not my fault. If the community give me this rights then i will be able to translate pages and support on the translation field more effectively. I think there will no problems to giving me this rights and i promise that i will not misuse it.Thank you --Tanbirzx
- @Koavf: Hello sir. Am i not entitled to this right? --