Wikipedia Loves Libraries/Events/da
Events might be simple or elaborate, large or small, but one thing is certain: they will bring enthusiastic library lovers into the building in a spirit of volunteerism. Wikipedia Loves Libraries 2011 was held at academic, public, and special libraries and archives, in over a dozen institutions large and small, including the New York Public Library for the Performing Arts, Inglewood Public Library, Harvard College Lamont Library, Ronald Reagan Presidential Library, Vancouver Central Library, and the Tom of Finland Foundation Library.
It's true, and more than just a mantra. "Wikipedia Loves Libraries" is the second annual continent-wide campaign to bring Wikipedia and libraries together with on-site events. Running this fall throughout October and November, libraries (and archives) will open their doors to help build a lasting relationship with their local Wikipedian community. The timing coincides with Open Access Week in October; October is also American Archives Month, National Book Month (US), and Canadian Library Month, as well as falling in the middle of the fall school term.
|2. august, 2012
|Librarians are Wikipedians Too
|31. juli, 2012
|Wikipedia and Libraries: What's the Connection?
|11 juli, 2012
|Discussion and Workshop at Wikimania Preconference
|George Washington University
|22-28. oktober, 2012
|edit-a-thons in libraries
|around the globe?
|Open Access Week
Wikipedia Loves Libraries is a general initiative for improved Wikimedia engagement with libraries, and more concretely an annual campaign of wiki-workshops and editathons at libraries around Open Access Week in October/November.
- GLAM Newsletter - 2011 North American event highlights page
- Wikipedia:Wikipedia Loves Libraries - 2011 North American event working page
- m:Wikimedia Conference 2012/Documentation/wmcon12-day3-WLL Libraries - 2012 global event planning at Wikimedia Conference Berlin
- Outreach:Wikipedia Loves Libraries - 2012 draft outreach material for librarians
- Wikimania:Wikipedia Loves Libraries - July 11, 2012 workshop as part of Wikimania Hackathon in DC
Join the Wikimedia & Libraries mailing list to participate in the discussion:
Amical Viquipèdia has reached an agreement with the Catalan Ministry of Culture, to promote Wikipedia among the Network of Catalan Public Libraries. We are establishing lines of collaboration with the glamwiki community, making it bigger, deeper and incorporating new content and users. 150 professional public librarians have already received Wiki training, in order to subsequently invite library users to join wiki projects. Also 1500 copies of the Welcome to Wikipedia manual have been printed and spread among the Libraries network.
Wikipedia workshops at public libraries
- October: Palafrugell
Vi har 2 aktiviteter:
- Open data exchange with libraries
- Wikipedia training for librarians and users.
- Wikisource training for librarians
- Wikidata training for librarians