- History & Geography
- Start year: 2014
- Countries (list all): m:Iberocoop network. Mainly: Chile,Spain, México and Italy.
- Cities (list all. and please link to local WP articles.): 64 cities represented as part of WMAR's MOOC proposal during 2014; 234 in 2015. Specific education actions have been carried out in Mendoza, Buenos Aires, La Plata, Provincia de Misiones and Entre Ríos. Total: 303 cities covered.
- Wikimedia projects (list all): Wikipedia, Wikimedia Commons, Wikibooks. We are starting to work with Wikisource
- Languages (list all): Spanish, English.
- Funding (yes/no? please explain):Yes. Wikimedia Argentina recieves funds from the WMF through the FDC process.
- Outreach events (workshops, conferences, etc.) (yes/no? and total #): Yes.16 during 2015.
- Courses (yes/no? and total #): Yes. During 2015: 3 virtual courses, 28 classroom courses, 50 secondary public schools (from Misiones province).
- WikiCamps (yes/no? and total #):No
- WikiClubs (yes/no? and total #):No
- WikiExpeditions (yes/no? and total #):No
- Teacher training (yes/no? and approximate # of teachers trained): Yes. 415 (teachers trained online), 867 (teachers trained in person),1102 (teachers sensitized through our training online).
- Government partnerships (yes/no?): Yes. National and local. 3 agreements signed during 2015.
- OER (yes/no?): Yes. 10+
- MOOCs (yes/no?): Yes. 4 during 2015.
- Universities (list all. list associated faculties/departments. and please link to local WP articles):
1. FLACSO: Latin American Faculty for Social Science
2. UBA: University of Buenos Aires
3. UNLP: National University of la Plata
4. UP: University of Palermo
5. UNER: Entre Ríos National University
- Secondary schools (list all):
Secondary public schools (from Misiones province) Total: 200
- Primary schools (list all):
Public schools belonging at Plan Sarmiento (Local model One Laptop per Child) Total:43
From "Mis monumentos" competition. Total: 38
- Adult schools (list all): -
- Senior programs (list all):-
Another educational institutions (like Educational Portals)
- Relpe Education Portal
- Entre Rios Education Portal
- National policy for technology inclusion in the classroom
- ORT schools
- Wikimisiones: Misiones education portal
- National School of la Plata and University of la Plata historical archive
- Bicentennial museum
- National Education Portal
- Ibero american Institute of ICT and Education
- Students (total #):1890
- Educators (total #):867
- Education program volunteers (total #):62
- Education program volunteers who are Admins/Sysops/Stewards (total #):3
- Local education program manager (total #): 1
- Articles created (yes/no? and total #): 191
- Articles improved (yes/no? and total #):2189 ( 1819 improved 6 months after the online course by 19 new editors)
- Articles translated (yes/no? and total #):61
- Files uploaded (yes/no? and total #):1113
- Bytes added (total #): 11,381,142
- Bytes deleted (total #): The total number is above
- Featured articles (total #):None
- Good articles (total #): None
- Links to Outreach wiki pages/subpages
WMAR's education outreach page
- Links to local wiki pages/subpages
- Links to Commons categories
- Wikimedia Argentina Proyecto Educativo
- Photo contest 2014-2015
- Wikimedia Argentina y Educación
- Links to Meta wiki program reports (APG, PEG, IEG)
- Strategic planning 2016-2018 (only available in spanish)
- Progress Report 2014-2015
- Anual Grant proposal 2015-2016
- Links to Wikimedia coverage (WMF blog posts, local wiki blog posts, newsletter articles)
Contribution to the Educational Newsletter
- Wikimedia Argentina reinforces gender diversity on Wikipedia with several women targeted events
- Editathon for young students to edit articles about ther school
- Argentina contributes to a massive cross-border course of free knowledge in Spanish
- The collaborative production in open educational environments: Is Wikipedia an answer?
- Wikimedia Argentina, about the global and local in the digital and academic communities
- Educational hackathon about digital sources, big data, and Wikipedia
- First mentoring program between the Argentine and Mexican chapters
- What I learned: Wikipedia education program in Argentina
- When a province mobilizes for Wikipedia
- Education Hackathon was conducted by Wikimedia Argentina
- Links to other media coverage (local, national, regional, international news links)
- Digital free educational magazine: Learning to educate (available in spanish)
- Wikimedia Projects and Education (available in spanish)
- Beyond Wikipedia: an educational opportunity (available in spanish)
- Educational Magazine Noveduc: Wikipedians in the classrom, an innovative experience (available in spanish)
- 3rd Conference University on ICT and Innovation in the Classroom, "Links between education, digital technologies and free knowledge" (available in spanish)
- Edit-a-thon Education + GLAM programs:
- Women behind Wikipedia:
- Gender gap and Wikimedia Education Program:
- Wikimedia Argentina Storify updates
Please tell us something special about your education program that the data may not reveal. For example:
- You could highlight an achievement you are particularly proud of.
One of our strongest point at the first time have been made some strategic alliances with Public Universities and Ministries of Education. That allowed us have a quickly meet of profiles of students and teachers across the country. So, we have been created a special massive online course to engage that educative profiles, who actually arrived more than 1,000 educators from across the country and some spanish -speaking countries too. The experience has been so good that we have asked universities to adapt and replicate in their educational trainings, for example University of Buenos Aires. In addition, some remote provinces of the capital of Argentina, from this course they have been motivated to led educational projects with Wikipedia, the most representative case is Wikimisiones.
Another highlight it´s our educational hackathon "Creatón didáctico": during november 2015 we conducted a special hackathon aimed at teaching concerning the purpose of generating creative educational proposals on Big Data and Internet resources in educational settings. The focus was how to use digital sources and what can we do like users to improve the Internet´s contents, thats way Wikipedia its an answer. Take a look all the experience, step by step.
As a team, we always have a strategic plan to evaluate all the experiences creating learning patterns, as a reflexive exercise. You can see all them here.
- You could acknowledge a special student, educator, or volunteer.
Lucas (16 years old) is one of the volunteers from Wikimedia Argentina, since the beginning of the Education Program has collaborated with his experience as editor in training teachers. His knowledge has been a great contribution, especially to inspire educators (most of them since Luca´s experience realized that he could be one of them students, so it´s very important his participation as role model). It was one of the testimonies of the documentary "I am a Wikipedian".
Furthermore, the coordinator of the area of technology in ORT School has been an engine to drive in his community, specially because his advices about Wikipedia promoted an actively participation in teacher´s education program. Both participating in Wikimedia Argentina competitions, as in the school curriculum including a mandatory activity with some of the Wikimedia projects and they have been created a campus to share the experiences. Which strengthens the creation of a learning, free and digital culture that promotes collaborative knowledge. In addition to the commitment to the free licenses, they are so engaged that one of the coordinators of the same school encouraged at students to upload their productions at WikimediaCommons.
- You could tell us what you enjoy most about the Wikipedia Education Program.
One of the strengths of Wikipedia Education Program is the ability to understand and articulate educational activities with different actors and institutions around the world, which identifies different educational realities and help position the knowledge as necessary for any society in the digital age.