Seven Million People Can't Be Wrong
By Andy Mabbett (
- Denny Vrandecic, founder of Wikidata, published a proposal that suggests some extensions to Wikidata, and also a wholly new project, Wikilambda.
- schema.org announced an extension to allow for special announcements with regards to COVID-19. The way to identify the topic as per the example? By using the Wikidata Q-Identifier, Q81068910: Structured data for special announcements
- ZFOURGE UDS 19909 (Q90000000) - our ninety-millionth item, about a galaxy - was created on 10 April.
- For the first time, a Wikipedia list article populated entirely from Wikidata, and built using Listeria, has been granted "featured" status, on the Portuguese Wikipedia (video on YouTube).
- Comment on QID Emoji proposal until April 20th
- Wikidata now includes more than seven million people (it has doubled since July 2017), also: project chat discussion
- The Nobel Prize Committee has redesigned its website so that Wikipedia can link to it easier using the Wikidata Property Nobel Laureate API ID (P8024) (more information)
- Mohammed Sadat joined the Wikidata team as community communications manager for Wikidata and Wikibase - Welome, Mohammed!
For all other Wikidata news, new properties, etc, see:
In this issue
No comments yet. Yours could be the first!