GLAM/Newsletter/June 2015/Contents/Wikidata report
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Wikidata this month
- The English-language Wikipedia has decided to deprecate Persondata in favour of Wikidata.
- National Gallery of Art and the J. Paul Getty Museum now have entries for all their paintings on Wikidata thanks to wiki project Sum of all Paintings
- Reasonator got some updates: it is now using external ID formatter URLs, has monolingual string support and better social network links
- Arbitrary access, allowing an article on one subject to call data from the Wikidata item about a different subject, continues to be rolled out across many WMF projects.
- Upcoming: Wikimania. There will be several talks and workshops related to Wikidata. Say hi at the "Ask Us Anything" session for Wikidata if you're there.
- A list of GLAM-related Wikidata pages is at d:Wikidata:GLAM
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission burial ground identifier
- first line (for songs, poems, etc)
- DBCS ID (University of South Carolina's Database of Classical Scholars)
- Digital Atlas of the Roman Empire ID
- Project Gutenberg ID
- CulturaItalia ID
- BerlPap identifier (Berliner Papyrusdatenbank)
- National Library of Ireland authority
- Discogs artist ID
- Discogs master ID
- Discogs label ID
- Wikisource index page
- Trismegistos ID (ancient places)
- Dutch Senate person ID
- Google Scholar ID
- Comité des travaux historiques et scientifiques
- Biblioteca Nacional de Chile catalogue number
- BoxRec ID (boxing biographies)
- MovieMeter director ID
- MovieMeter movie identifier
For full Wikidata news, see the weekly status updates.
+ Add a commentDiscuss this story
To follow comments, add the page to your watchlist. If your comment has not appeared here, you can try .
No comments yet. Yours could be the first!