WMF GLAM report
As part of the broader support of program leaders and the movement strategy, Alex attended Wikimedia Conference. He supported several workshops, including:
Other highlights from the conference include a strong interest from the attendees in library partnerships: many emerging communities are finding libraries as a clear entry point for GLAM skill development among community program leaders, and for proof of concept for other GLAM work. Additionally, the movement strategy process has a number of GLAM-Wiki advocates, so they provided significant feedback and advocacy for the knowledge and experience we have developed doing programmatic outreach in the GLAM-Wiki community.
The Wikipedia Library provides a summary of more library-focused conversations at the event: in the Books and Bytes Newsletter.
Most of the consultative time for Alex during March focused on the development of Structured Data on Commons and developing the Annual Plan in the Wikimedia Foundation. Other support included:
- Shannon Perry at Libraries and Archives Canada
- Connection with the Global Heritage Foundation
- Development of materials to support a visit by Katherine Maher with WMDC to the Smithsonian, National Archive and Library of Congress
- Internet Archive support of Wikidata
- Consultations as were relevant during Wikimedia Conference
No comments yet. Yours could be the first!