GLAMcamp London; brief news
GLAMcamp London brings international Wikimedians to the capital
A group photo from GLAMcamp London
Over the weekend of 15-16 September, 35 Wikimedians from around Europe and the United States gathered at the British Library in London. Over the course of the two days, attendees got the chance to discuss where the GLAM movement was, where they wanted it to go, and how to get there. During breakout groups on the second day, initial planning for wmuk:GLAM-WIKI 2013 began, and a group brainstormed and started work on a GLAM Bootcamp.
- Further reading
News in brief
- First UK Wikipedia Takes... event in Coventry: On 1 September, Coventrian Wikimedians ran Wikipedia Takes Coventry. More than 2100 photographs were uploaded by 51 participants, almost all of whom were non-Wikimedians. The images taken can be found on Wikimedia Commons. For more information see this blog post.
- There was a tour of the major British Museum exhibition Shakespeare: staging the world on 13 September, followed for most of the group by a very interesting talk over coffee with Dora Thornton, the lead curator of the exhibition.
- Upcoming exhibitions were discussed with the British Museum. The Ice Age Art exhibition will run from late February 2013, and we hope to be able to announce initiatives here, to follow on from the Event a year ago, which produced fantastic photos.
Just wondering: nothing about the Gibraltar case? --Elitre (talk) 22:54, 30 September 2012 (UTC)
- Is Gibraltarpedia really a GLAM subject? - 126.96.36.199 11:16, 10 October 2012 (UTC)
- What else should it be? It is also clearly marked as such. --188.8.131.52 16:48, 2 December 2012 (UTC)