User talk:Christian Cariño
Hello Christian Cariño and welcome to the Outreach Wiki!
Our mission is to recruit and support new Wikimedians and to build strong relationships with cultural and educational institutions. Want to help? Here are ways that you can get involved:
- Indicate your languages and skills on your user page so we know how you can best help!
- Review the bookshelf materials, help with localization and add your feedback.
- Learn about our work with cultural institutions, educational institutions, and libraries.
The article «Reflexión de la luz» on Spanish Wikipedia is beautiful. It is an excellent example of the power of teacher-student collaboration. And it is a wonderful contribution to the sum of all knowledge.
Bravo a todos los usuarios. And bravo to you. :)
A perfect leader!
|We appreciate your tireless efforts in leading the education newsletter work. Thank you for exerting all this effort to support the education newsletter.|
Hi Christian! From the first day you joined the newsletter team, you had exceptional enthusiasm. You worked hard to make the newsletter issue that great! I really don't know what what I would have done without you! --Selsharbaty (WMF) (talk) 06:31, 22 December 2015 (UTC)
Nueva Edición de Wikimedia Education Program Newsletter - Invitación a editar
Gracias por formar parte del equipo editor del newsletter de educación. Me pongo en contacto contigo porque se ha cerrado el llamado a la comunidad para proponer historias, y en este momento necesitamos revisar y mejorar (si fuera necesario) los posteos que compartieron los líderes de programas educativos. ¿Tienes disponibilidad para trabajar en esto? Lo ideal es tener las historias finalizadas el miércoles 24 de febrero, a las 12 PM (PST). Dado que vos y Anna están anotadas como líderes de contenido, mi idea era pedirle a ambas que se dividan las historias para revisar. Dime por favor si tienes disponibilidad y coordinamos.
Gracias y saludos, María (WMF) (talk) 18:35, 19 February 2016 (UTC)
- Estimada Christian,
- I am really looking forward to working with you as content leaders on the education newsletter publication team. :)
- I have already made a number of copyedits to this issue. See my summary here.
- Hope this helps. Happy to do more after hearing what you wish to work on.
- Gracias y saludos, Msannakoval (talk) 17:07, 20 February 2016 (UTC)
New issue of Wikimedia Education Program Newsletter - Invitation to edit
Hi Christian, we are now preparing to wrap up a new issue of our beloved newsletter! As you are volunteering as a content leader, I wanted to ask if you would like to engage in editing the existing stories. Because of the delay from our end, we have pushed the last day for submission to the 25th. Hope that is fine for you. We have some interesting stories and it would be really great if you can spare some time to review them before publishing, for typos, good grammar and other changes needed. Would you like to engage in this way? I have also asked Anna if she wants to contribute in this way. You two could split the stories and work through them together. Can we hope to have the content reviewed by next Friday, May 27 at 12 (PST) so that the Publication Leader and the Distribution Leader could start working. If you can spare time before the deadline, there is nothing like that. Thanks much in advance for the great support! --SPanigrahi (WMF) (talk) 20:00, 20 May 2016 (UTC)
Newest edition of Education Newsletter, September 1st
Pleasure to meet you! My name is Loreen Ruíz and I am an intern at WMF who is currently working with Maria and the Education Collaborative to start an education campaign. I wanted to let you know that we are currently preparing to release another issue of the Education Newsletter on September 1st, and that we would love to have your support in overseeing the content of the newest issue before it is published. I am also giving the other members of the Newsletter team a heads up. Please let me know if you have any questions, and I wish you a great week. Loreen.Ruiz (talk) 02:45, 10 August 2016 (UTC)
Hi Christian, we are preparing to begin the process of publishing the Education Program Newsletter, now with a new format and monthly issues. I see that you have been involved as a content leader in the past. Are you still interested in participating in this capacity? Would love to speak with you more about what you've done in the past, and what you're interested in working on in the future!
- Hi Christian, hope this finds you well! Submissions for articles for the Feb Newsletter will close on 20 Feb. Would you mind looking over the submissions and doing some proofreading/copy editing? We also still need some content for the "In the News" section, if you have time to do a search for any relevant news. Gracias! --NSaad (WMF) (talk) 18:31, 17 February 2017 (UTC)
Newest edition of Education Newsletter, March 31
- Hi Christian, hope this finds you well! Submissions for articles for the March Newsletter have closed, and we're ready to copy edit. Would you mind looking over the submissions and doing some proofreading/copy editing? We also still need some content for the "In the News" section, if you have time to do a search for any relevant news. Gracias! --NSaad (WMF) (talk) 12:13, 24 March 2017 (UTC)
Hello NSaad (WMF)
- Thanks, Christian Cariño! Just FYI, some users submitted articles late. The first two in the drafts section will go in the April Newsletter. These are the articles we will publish this month:
- Education/News/Drafts/UCSF Students Visit WMF Office as they start their Wikipedia editing journey
- Education/News/Drafts/Overview on Wikipedia Education Program 2016 in Taiwan
- Education/News/Drafts/High School and Collegiate Students Enhance Waray Wikipedia during Edit-a-thons
- Education/News/Drafts/Wikishtetl: Commemorating Jewish communities that perished in the Holocaust
- Education/News/Drafts/Approaching History students as pilot of Education program in Iran
- Education/News/Drafts/An experience with middle school students in Ankara
Hello NSaad (WMF)
Hi NSaad (WMF)!
- Education/Newsletter/March 2017/UCSF Students Visit WMF Office as they start their Wikipedia editing journey
- Education/Newsletter/March_2017/Wikilesa: Working with university students on human rights
- Education/Newsletter/March_2017/Overview on Wikipedia Education Program 2016 in Taiwan
- Education/Newsletter/March_2017/An experience with middle school students in Ankara
- Education/Newsletter/March_2017/Approaching History students as pilot of Education program in Iran
- Education/Newsletter/March_2017/Wikishtetl: Commemorating Jewish communities that perished in the Holocaust
- Education/Newsletter/March_2017/High School and Collegiate Students Enhance Waray Wikipedia during Edit-a-thons
Christian Cariño, muchas gracias! That was a big help :)
Newest edition of Education Newsletter, April 30
- Hi Christian, hope all is well! Are you able to help with copy-editing this month? Gracias! --NSaad (WMF) (talk) 18:28, 21 April 2017 (UTC)
Hello NSaad (WMF),
Everything is well here, organizing a translate-a-thon and an Editathon :D. Please let me know which articles need to be translated or edited!