User talk:Daniel Mietchen
Hello Daniel Mietchen, and welcome to the Outreach Wiki! Our mission is to recruit and support new Wikimedians and to build strong relationships with cultural and educational institutions. Want to help? Here's some stuff you can do:
- Volunteer to join the outreach team so we know that we're allowed to ask you for help ;-)
- Indicate your languages and skills on your user page so we know how you can best help!
- Review the bookshelf materials, help with localization and add your feedback
- Learn about our work with cultural institutions and join ongoing conversations
- Join the Account Creation Improvement Project, aiming to increase editing by new users
- Start a student club at your university
See the sidebar for some other projects you can get involved in.
The Village pump is a great place to ask questions, but don't hesitate to leave me a note if I can help. Thanks for stopping by – hope you like the place and decide to stay!
Education Workshop in Milan
Hi Daniel, I saw your comment on the talk page about wanting to talk more about OER stuff at the Milan workshop — I've added some time for interest chats like that during the lunch hour, but I'm wondering if you're coming to the workshop, as you never added yourself to the page in the section "able to come in person". I'm getting a final participant count so we have a large enough room can you confirm if you're coming? Thanks! -- LiAnna Davis (WMF) (talk) 23:08, 26 March 2013 (UTC)
- Done now - I hadn't included myself, since you wanted "1-2" persons per country, which were already there. Anyway, I am not wearing a German hat there but that of Wiki Project Med. --Daniel Mietchen (talk) 23:27, 26 March 2013 (UTC)
Wiki-Med Course at TAU, Israel.
Editing GLAM newsleter
Hi, I just tried to add a section to the draft August newsletter and was denied with this message:
"This action has been automatically identified as harmful, and therefore disallowed. If you believe your action was constructive, please inform an administrator of what you were trying to do. A brief description of the abuse rule which your action matched is: New users adding external links on any page"
Here's what I was going to add:
The OA Button is a browser-based tool currently under development which aims to track every time someone is denied access to a scholarly article (explained further in this blog post), and help people find open access versions instead. They are hoping to integrate this with Wikipedia somehow. A hackathon is taking place in London on 7-8 September.
- That's one of those "anyone can edit" moments - we should really be getting better at that. I put it in. Thanks and cheers --Daniel Mietchen (talk) 08:32, 4 September 2013 (UTC)
Header This Month in GLAM
Hi Daniel, Please do not create the header for the This Month in GLAM newsletter. If you think the header is missing, you added the wrong header to the report (as happened here). As you know, the This Month in GLAM newsletter is published afterwards, meaning that with writing in January the report about December, the header of December must be above the report. Directly after the publication of a newsletter, I create the new header for the coming month, so always the right header is available with writing the report. As we write our reports afterwards, creating extra headers causes confusion and can cause errors. Thanks! Romaine (talk) 10:49, 10 January 2017 (UTC)
Open Access reports
Hi Daniel Mietchen,
I've tried to get the usage of the Open Access Media Importer media files with GLAMorous. The files used by the Open Access reports here lead to high apparent usage numbers. Because it's not possible to deselect outreach.wikipedia at GLAMorous, I will temporarily comment out your reports and run GLAMorous again.
I hope you can accept this. In a few minutes I will restore everything.