|<translate>We're adding more information and updating this page, as a part of which this page is in the process of an expansion or restructuring. We request you not to edit this page or remove the template before the page has been updated. You can reach out to the Wikimedia Foundation Education team at educationwikimedia.org.</translate>|
Since Wikipedia began in 2001, educators around the world have integrated the free encyclopedia that anyone can edit into their curriculum. In 2010, the Wikimedia Foundation started the Wikipedia Education Program to provide more support for educators who are interested in using Wikipedia as a teaching tool.
In the following pages, educators will explain Wikipedia assignments they’ve used to meet learning objectives for their courses. They will also explain how they assessed or graded these assignments. These case studies can help you form a plan for how you can use Wikipedia as a teaching tool in your class.
- Saul Hoffmann, Wikipedia in Teaching: Improving Autonomy in Research, Critical Sense, and Collaborative Abilities in Students, Making Them Contribute to the Free Encyclopedia, Università Ca' Foscari Venezia, 2016: «students enjoyed the assignment and found it very interesting and useful for their future academic careers [...] a beneficial activity for both improving specific subject learning and Wikipedia literacy».
Case Studies: Assignments
- Copyediting, Adrianne Wadewitz, United States
- Write a Featured Article, Jon Beasley-Murray, Canada
- Traduko (Hispana), Leigh Thelmadatter, Meksiko
- Traduko (Araba), Dalia Mohamed El Toukhy, Egiptio
- Fotoj, Jiří Reif, Ĉeĥio
- Ilustraĵoj, Bruce Sharky, Usono
- Videos, Jennifer Geigel Mikulay, United States
- Extend a Stub, Edis Kittrell, United States
- Research and edit, Lila Pagola y Cristina Siragusa, Argentina
- Creating local content, Lila Pagola y Pablo Género, Argentina
- Internship, Edward Galloway and William Daw, United States
- Writing DYK/Good Articles, Piotr Konieczny, Korea
Case Studies: Grading
- Reflective papers, Michael Mandiberg, United States
- Kvin kriterioj, Rochelle Davis, Usono
- Peer reviews, Shamira Gelbman, United States
Verku vian propran kazostudon! Helpu nin lerni de via sperto!
To get started, fill out the form box below with a descriptive title. Once you have chosen that title, click the "Draft a case study!" button, and you will be taken to a page where you can start drafting your case study.
(Purge the cache of this page in case a recent draft does not yet appear here)
No pages meet these criteria.