|We're adding more information and updating this page, as a part of which this page is in the process of an expansion or restructuring. We request you not to edit this page or remove the template before the page has been updated. You can reach out to the Wikimedia Foundation Education team at educationwikimedia.org.|
Since Wikipedia began in 2001, educators around the world have integrated the free encyclopedia that anyone can edit into their curriculum. In 2010, the Wikimedia Foundation started the Wikipedia Education Program to provide more support for educators who are interested in using Wikipedia as a teaching tool.
In the following pages, educators will explain Wikipedia assignments they’ve used to meet learning objectives for their courses. They will also explain how they assessed or graded these assignments. These case studies can help you form a plan for how you can use Wikipedia as a teaching tool in your class.
Published case studies
- Saul Hoffmann, Wikipedia in Teaching: Improving Autonomy in Research, Critical Sense, and Collaborative Abilities in Students, Making Them Contribute to the Free Encyclopedia, Università Ca' Foscari Venezia, 2016: «students enjoyed the assignment and found it very interesting and useful for their future academic careers [...] a beneficial activity for both improving specific subject learning and Wikipedia literacy».
Case Studies: Assignments
- Copyediting, Adrianne Wadewitz, United States
- Definicje, James M. Lipuma and Davida Scharf, Stany Zjednoczone
- Napisz artykuł, Juliana Bastos Marques, Brazylia
- Write a Featured Article, Jon Beasley-Murray, Canada
- Tłumaczenia (hiszpański), Leigh Thelmadatter, Meksyk
- Tłumaczenia (arabski), Dalia Mohamed Ali Khan El Toukhy, Egipt to
- Ilustracje, Jiří Reif, Czechy
- Ilustracje, Bruce Sharky, Stany Zjednoczone
- Filmy, Jennifer Geigel Mikulay, Stany Zjednoczone
- Extend a Stub, Edis Kittrell, United States
- Research and edit, Lila Pagola y Cristina Siragusa, Argentina
- Tworzenie lokalnego wkładu, Lila Pagola y Pablo Género, Argentyna
- Staż, Edward Galloway and William Daw, Stany Zjednoczone
- Writing DYK/Good Articles, Piotr Konieczny, Korea
Case Studies: Grading
- Wkład, Anne McNeil, Stany Zjednoczone
- Kamienie milowe, Robert Cummings, Stany Zjednoczone
- Reflective papers, Michael Mandiberg, United States
- Five criteria, Rochelle Davis, United States
- Peer reviews, Shamira Gelbman, United States
Write your own case study! Help us learn from your experience!
To get started, fill out the form box below with a descriptive title. Once you have chosen that title, click the "Draft a case study!" button, and you will be taken to a page where you can start drafting your case study.
(Purge the cache of this page in case a recent draft does not yet appear here)
No pages meet these criteria.