GLAM/Newsletter/April 2019/Contents/Wikimania report
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Updates on the Wikimania conference in Stockholm (Aug 14–18)
Call for submissions now open!
The call for proposals for Wikimania 2019 in Stockholm is now open! This year, the conference is organized into Spaces covering specific topics and initiatives. We encourage you to submit your proposals for sessions related to the GLAM Space!
Theme for 2019
The theme for Wikimania 2019, held August 14-18, is “Stronger Together: Wikimedia, Free Knowledge and the Sustainable Development Goals.” Each Space relates to one or more of the Sustainable Development Goals set by the United Nations in 2015 as a “universal call to end poverty, protect the planet, and ensure that all people enjoy peace and prosperity.”
- Submit your proposal by June 1 for consideration.
- Visit the GLAM Space page for more information and the submission form.
- For a full list of Spaces and submission guidelines, visit the submissions page.
Feel free to contact the GLAM Space leaders listed below with any questions!
GLAM Space Leaders
- Andrew Lih (User:Fuzheado), Wikimedia DC, Wikimedia strategist at The Metropolitan Museum of Art
- Kelly Doyle (User:KellyDoyle), Wikimedia DC, Open Knowledge Coordinator at Smithsonian Institution
- Giovanna Fontenelle (User:GiFontenelle), Wiki Movimento Brasil and WiR at Paulista Museum
- Merrilee Proffitt (User:Merrilee), OCLC / Wikimedia and Libraries User Group (Libraries space)
- Jennifer Sutcliffe (User:Jenniferjuniper), Emory University, Educational Analyst
In this issue
- Albania report
- Armenia report
- Brazil report
- Côte d'Ivoire report
- France report
- Indonesia report
- Italy report
- Netherlands report
- Norway report
- Poland report
- Serbia report
- Spain report
- Sweden report
- UK report
- USA report
- Structured Data on Wikimedia Commons report
- Wikidata report
- Wikimania report
- WMF GLAM report
+ Add a commentDiscuss this story
To follow comments, add the page to your watchlist. If your comment has not appeared here, you can try .
No comments yet. Yours could be the first!