GLAM/Newsletter/July 2017/Contents/USA report
California State University Northridge
Wikimedia LA held a STEM edit-a-thon, Meetup/LA/CSUN, at California State University, Northridge.
Black Lunch Table/Brooklyn Museum
Black Lunch Table held a meetup, Black Lunch Table/Brooklyn Museum July 2017 at the Brooklyn Museum.
Wikimedia Seattle held a wikinic, Wikipedia:Meetup/SeattleWiknic/2017.
Synthetic Biology at BUGSS
Wikimedia DC held a meetup, Synthetic Biology at BUGSS at Synthetic Biology at BUGSS, Baltimore, Maryland.
Arabic Wikipedia Day Edit-a-thon
Wikimedia DC held an edit-a-thon, Arabic Wikipedia Day Edit-a-thon in support of Arabic Wikipedia Day.
Wikipedia + Libraries project updates for GLAM
- Wow - 700+ viewed the 60-minute preview webinar on the Wikipedia + Libraries online training program; you can view webinar here
- Enrollment in the online training program is now open for US public library staff, if you know a US public library staff member, spread the word. Free course for US public library staff is from Sept. 13 - Nov. 15, 2017
- WebJunction article in Librarians Who Wikipedia series is a spotlight on Paul Flagg
Monika Sengul-Jones (WIR) and Sharon Streams (Director, WebJunction) recruiting public library staff at the ALA annual conference in Chicago.
Get more project updates in Montreal, including analysis of 20 interviews and 700+ survey results
- Thursday, Aug. 10 at 4pm "Better Together: Building bridges between US public libraries and English-language Wikipedia" presentation at WikiConference.
- Sunday, Aug. 13 at 11:30am Libraries and Wikipedia: Global perspectives and opportunities, three lessons on outreach - field reporting from the Wikipedia + Libraries project.
Wikipedians - you are invited to be a guide to course participants!
English-language Wikipedia editors are invited to participate in the Wikipedia + Libraries online training program as guides. You can participate in the full course, or for one of the modules. Wikipedians need not be affiliated with US public libraries to participate, the more the merrier! Help course participants learn about Wikipedia by sharing your experiences and answering questions during the forum discussions that take place between the live sessions. Click here to participate.
Monikasj (talk) 23:33, 3 August 2017 (UTC)