GLAM/Newsletter/June 2017/Contents/Macedonia report
New collaboration of GLAM Macedonia user group with the City Library in Skopje
Wikipedian in Residence at the City Library "Braka Miladinovci" - Skopje
The agreement for collaboration between GLAM Macedonia user group and the City Library "Braka Miladinovci" - Skopje was signed in March 2017. On 9 June 2017 we sent the first Wikipedian in Residence at the City Library, which is the first collaboration with the Libraries in Macedonia at all.
Wikipedian in Residence at the Library has to serve as liaison between the Library and the Wikimedia community.
Some of the results after one month of WiR duty are:
- First organized Wikipedian tour through the City Library "Braka Miladinovci" - Skopje took place on 22 June 2017. The Wikipedian in Residence at the Library along with the official employees from the Library had a tour through the Library for Wikipedians. Wikipedians were introduced to the work of the Library.
- Wikipedian in Residence held an edit-a-thon and workshop for group of Wikipedians.
- Wikipedian in Residence gave a workshop about adding and usage of references.
- Three new users, employees of the Library and one student, educated by Wikipedian in Residence.
- Five new articles created by Librarians, and more than 10 existing articles edited.
- More than 70 references added to the existing articles on mk.wiki.
Staro Nagoricane Municipality meeting
On 15 June 2017, 6 students, all members of the Wiki Club in Staro Nagoricane, were guests on the meeting with the officials and with the Mayor of the Municipality, Milovan Stojkovski, along with the Chair of UG GLAM Macedonia, the coordinator of the Wiki Club in Staro Nagoricane and the principal of the school were is held the Wiki Club.
On the meeting, the Mayor gave a lightening talk about the Municipality cultural heritage. The students were introduced with the main features of the Municipality. At the end of the meeting, the Mayor gave to the students brochures with the texts and photos from the Municipality cultural heritage.
- Argentina report
- Basque Country report
- Belgium report
- Bulgaria report
- Côte d'Ivoire report
- Czech Republic report
- Estonia report
- France report
- Germany report
- Italy report
- Macedonia report
- Netherlands report
- Russia report
- Spain report
- Sweden report
- UK report
- Ukraine report
- USA report
- Wikidata report
- WMF GLAM report