GLAM/Newsletter/October 2017/Contents/WMF GLAM report
News about Structured Commons!
Case studies campaign
Share your case studies! Is there an education, GLAM or other program that you really admire? One you would like to know more about? Have you seen via the newsletter, blog, or social media a project that you think would make a great case study?
The WMF Programs team would like you to encourage program leaders now to submit their case study to the Programs Case Studies Campaign. We will be accepting submissions until January 8, 2017 . We will then select projects in Education, GLAM and across all programs to be highlighted in new case study brochures and materials.
See this page for more information about submission criteria and the selection process.
Structured Data on Commons update
The survey about use of Wikimedia Commons by GLAMs, mentioned in the previous newsletter, received more than 100 responses! We want to thank everyone who participated and who distributed the survey. Results are processed by the end of 2017.
Likewise, Jonathan Morgan and Niharika Ved have finalized interviews with GLAM representatives about their use of Wikimedia Commons. The interviews are being analyzed now.
A new newsletter about Structured Data on Wikimedia Commons was published on October 25. You can read the newsletter on meta.wikimedia.org, and contribute to the next one. Of special interest:
- The info and documentation pages about the project have been updated. Feel free to improve them, and give feedback if things are unclear.
- There is now a dedicated community focus group for feedback on the project. Please consider joining!
Structured Data on Commons was presented during WikidataCon by Sandra Fauconnier. You can watch the video recording online.
Other going ons
The GLAM team is working on a number of other opportunities for support across the community, including:
- Conversations with Internet Archive, DPLA, LD4L, ICOM, IFLA.
- Support of initial conversations around GLAM-Wiki Conference
- Review of Annual Plan Grants for FDC Round 1 applications: https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Grants:APG/Proposals
- Interviews with GLAMs who have embedded Wikidata into their institutional catalogues for an upcoming blog post.
- Support of several organizations working on GLAM projects with direct requests for consultations.