Hello Shangkuanlc and welcome to the Outreach Wiki!
Our mission is to recruit and support new Wikimedians and to build strong relationships with cultural and educational institutions. Want to help? Here are ways that you can get involved:
- Indicate your languages and skills on your user page so we know how you can best help!
- Review the bookshelf materials, help with localization and add your feedback.
- Learn about our work with cultural institutions, educational institutions, and libraries.
I am reaching out to people who have translated pages here at Wikimedia Outreach to assist with translating pages at Wikimedia LGBT. If you are willing and able, any assistance would be appreciated. If not, I understand. Thanks for your consideration. --Another Believer (talk) 22:54, 4 November 2013 (UTC)
Thanks for the update
Welcome to Wikipedia Education Collaborative!!
The Wikipedia Education Collaborative is happy to announce that your request to join the Collaborative has been accepted. After reviewing your activity and the efforts you made in the Wikipedia Education Program it is clear that you meet the membership criteria. We are looking forward to seeing how your experiences in the Wikipedia Education Program will help other volunteers and program leaders around the world.
Please add your name and contact preferences to the table of members here, visit the Education Collaborative task list to see the tasks members are currently working on, pick any available one(s), or add a new task(s) you believe that you or others can contribute to. Thank you for joining and welcome to the Wikipedia Education Collaborative!
Translation Admin homework reading
- Thank you, Anna for spreading the love :) Hello Shangkuanlc, if you are planning to make a request for TA rights, this list -which I myself thoroughly studied and digested before applying for TA rights- might come in handy for you to get yourself fully familiarized with Translation Adminship and all there is to it. Have a good one! --WikiBronze [T] 15:29, 8 October 2015 (UTC)
- Hello WikiBronze, Anna Koval (WMF), and Base,
- Sorry for the late reply, I am still reading the material now. I find out the translation in Chinese is actually broken, I will try to fix the translation too when I am reading the material. Thank you! --Liang_(WMTW) (talk) 12:29, 13 October 2015 (UTC)
Thank you, Liang, for your contribution to the education newsletter! It sounds like a wonderful collaboration that benefits the chapter, the university, the students who earn service credit and gain experience, and the visually-impaired users of Wikipedia. Such a feel good story. :)
I have copyedited the article draft here. My only question is about the redlinked username of the professor. She doesn't have any contribs on any Wikimedia projects, not even Commons. See: https://tools.wmflabs.org/guc/?user=Jane.silvertongue. Could you please verify that this username is correct, and if not, please update the link here.
- Hello @Msannakoval:,
- Thank you for double checking on this. However I think it's her authentic account. She rarely use Wikimedia, but she is fond of the open knowledge concept that Wikipedia articles based on. She had lost one account because she hardly use it, so it's her second account now. --Liang_(WMTW) (talk) 13:59, 22 February 2016 (UTC)