Translation administrators indicate what page needs to be translated using the page translation functionality that is part of the Translate extension. In addition to that, they are the only ones that can delete the translated pages created by the translation extension.
Administrators on Outreach have the ability to add and remove themselves from this right. Other users have to request it if they want to help others or working on translations for languages that they are familiar with. Outreach is not a playground for testing features (here is a site for that), and the translation tool is not a toy. Any user can request rights to local bureaucrats at the requests for permissions page, and must demonstrate a knowledge of the languages which they know so that translations are not botched and others have to clean up the work. In instances of a botched translation, good faith will be assumed unless it occurs after the user has been requested to cease translating in a specific language. Bureaucrats are also able to remove the right as they see fit, provided an account is inactive for a long period of time or is causing problematic edits to the site in regards to translations.
40 users now have translation admin rights on Outreach-wiki.
- Babylon - Voornaamste vertalingsportaal voor Wikimedia Vertalers.
- Translate extension guidelines — How to use the Translate extension.
- Page translation general documentation — For translators (in MediaWiki).
- Page translation feature - extensive documentation — For translation administrators (in MediaWiki).
- Preparing a page for translation
Bijzondere landingspagina's op deze wiki
- Alle openstaande vertalingen — Pagina met de statistieken per taal, voor alle vertalers.
- Special:PageTranslation en Special:AggregateGroups — Pagina's voor vertalingsbeheerder acties.
- Rechten verbonden aan vertalingsbeheerders
- Lijst met de huidige vertalingsbeheerders